Program Manager – Brand Advertising
With millions of customers visiting us every day to find, discover, and buy products, we’re obsessed with making the shopping experience the best it can be – and advertising is a part of that experience. We strive to make advertising so relevant that customers welcome it – on Amazon, on mobile and tablet devices, and across the web. We put the customer at the heart of everything we do. If you’re obsessed with being a part of advertising that informs instead of interrupts; that helps customers deliver great products and brands, not just delivers impressions; and that empowers customers to be decisive, rather than distracts them – then we want you to come join us and make advertising even better.
The Amazon India Advertising business is a strategic start-up with support and interest from business units across the company as well as Amazon’s top management. We are a motivated, collaborative and fun-loving team building a high growth business. We are entrepreneurial and have a bias for action and a broad mandate to experiment and innovate. This role offers an opportunity to make a significant impact. This position is based at the Amazon India headquarters in Bangalore, with travel as required.
We are looking for a hands-on, detail-oriented, analytical, and highly-motivated Program Manager to help scale our Strategic Brands’ Sponsored Ads Advertising on Amazon.in. Developing and leveraging strong relationships with internal teams, brands and agencies, this person will play a key role in driving adoption and engagement of brands and agencies with advertising. To do this, this person needs to be extremely hands on, have excellent process orientation and stakeholder management skills. In addition to working closely with other internal and external teams, this person will interact with product management and marketing teams on a regular basis to drive the team’s goals.
The responsibilities of the Program Manager would be as follows,
· Own end-to-end key business metrics like ad revenue and active advertisers for a complete category for Amazon advertising (Sponsored Ads)
· Engage with CXOs/ Ecommerce heads of large brands within the category to provide amazon advertising strategy for the brand; act as an Amazon Advertising consultant and product expert; work with the sales team to help brands meet their advertising objectives
· Develop and implement a robust agency enablement program for agency partners and own agency oriented initiatives for Amazon advertising
· Create and drive processes and initiatives to differentiate Amazon as an advertising destination and to improve advertiser impact
· Identify and drive automation and process improvement opportunities across Amazon’s advertising business
· Lead initiatives which require significant cross team collaboration between Amazon’s ads and other teams; collaborate with global partner teams to drive initiatives
· Develop tools and mechanisms within the team to improve advertising performance overall and work closely with product to integrate such tools within existing platforms
· Proven experience in managing programs / categories / business verticals
· Strong process orientation; ability to find efficient solutions to problems and automate tasks
· Strong stakeholder management experience; ability to work cross-functionally and with a wide range of employees with different skill sets
· Ability to deep-dive into a problem; very strong analytical skills required
· High bias for action required
· Ability to thrive and perform in an ambiguous setting; sound judgment and flexibility in balancing program requirements, tight deadlines, and keeping people and projects moving on schedule
· Bachelor's degree: Engineering / Commerce preferred
· Master’s degree from Tier 1 B-school
· 5+ years of post-MBA experience (preferred)