CASS Job description
Position Title: Senior Project Accountant
Reports To:Senior Manager – Accounting
The Senior Project Accountant is responsible for administering duties related to financial projects, in such areas as preparing financial statements, reconciliations, costing, pricing, forecasting, and budgeting. The Project Accountant must perform a range of duties for divisional managers and Finance staff to ensure profitable business operations.
- Work with Project Managers to set up project specifics in the accounting system and manage the information in accordance with company guidelines.
- Perform project revenue recognition and prepare financial statements of projects.
- Perform balance sheet reconciliations.
- Assist in monthly reporting packages, quarterly forecast and annual budget.
- Assist in managing the accounting books of the parent company.
- Perform government remittances and reporting.
- Assist in Periodic Survey of Statistics Canada.
- Ensure that all business activities are performed with the highest ethical standards and in compliance with the Canadian Solar Solution Code of Business Conduct
- Adhere to all health and safety rules and company policies
- Complete other duties and projects as assigned
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant field
- 3+ years of progressive work experience in a full-cycle accounting function
- CPA designation or near completion
- Experience with project accounting and foreign currency is desirable
- SAP experience is preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, especially advanced Excel
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact with all internal and external stakeholders, including senior management
- Able to work efficiently as a part of a team as well as independently
- Excellent time management skills
- Attention to detail in all areas of work
The company reserves the right to change the duties and responsibilities of this position at any time as its own discretion.