About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
Make an impact every day with Trust, Data and
Our TDR team sits within the Group Operations
function and is responsible for mission-critical areas including cyber,
information, data, privacy and resilience. These are challenges that
impact our clients globally. Our TDR team develops the platforms, drives the
processes and builds partnerships to benefit millions of people every day. They
thrive in providing solutions to complex issues, devote time and energy to
designing new and innovative solutions, and all in an environment that demands
being risk-aware, not risk-averse. TDR chooses progress over perfection and
aims to always participate with a constructive purpose. The team makes an
impact wherever they are based, be it in our offices around the world, our
Global Business Solution centres in China, India, Malaysia and Poland, or even
from our home.
Now you have an opportunity to make a
meaningful impact with a diverse and passionate team of creators, innovators
and achievers. With us, you’ll learn, be inspired, and make an impact every
day. The success of our work hinges on how we use the unique diversity of our
people to realise the effects we seek to achieve: Always on. Always safe.
The Role Responsibilities
- Support both the programme and its constituent projects by creating and maintaining professional project artefacts.
- Check and edit documents for content and accuracy before they are published.
- Understand the business value of the projects and the programme, and tell the story of value conferred by means of business papers, presentations, data visualizations, business process diagrams, gantt diagrams, mind maps and other messaging modes.
- Create, publish and maintain artefacts to shared and online respositories that you curate.
- Create, publish and apply metrics that measure the delivery of capabilities across projects and the programme.
- Elevate the content and visual appeal of existing artefacts that support the programme and its projects.
- Look for and transform tabular data into compelling, decision-inducing and insightful visualizations.
- Consume, check, challenge and elevate the content of artefacts that others in the programme create, to ensure fidelity to the story behind the words, numbers and visuals.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, team-oriented, geographically dispersed environment
- Competency in communicating effectively in speaking & writing
- Experience in IT Security operations, initiatives or programmes
- Experience in project reporting or service reporting
- Basic understanding of technology infrastructure to help drive solutioning and target design
- Banking or similar experience at a Large Corporate preferred
- One year project coordination experience or business analyst experience, or corresponding credential, with history of turning data into narratives
- Knowledge of structured project management methodologies
- Effective leadership and interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to balance short-term expediencey and long-term effectiveness
- Ability to self-manage and contend effectively with ambiguity
- Demonstrated credibility with stakeholders and project team members
- Possess negotiation, communication, facilitation, efficient decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Able to demonstrate awareness of business and organisational sensitivities and reflect this in approaches to communicating change
- Conversant with project management formal methodologies
- Proficiency in the MS Office suite, including Excel, PowerPoint, Word
- Proficiency with MS Project or equivalent
- Proficiency with Business Process Model and Notation (BPMN) 2.0
- Proficiency with documented business processes
- Familiarity with IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) processes
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages. We welcome conversations on flexible working.