We Believe in Better!
We are a global information technology company that builds high-performance, security-centric solutions that can help change the world. Enhancing people’s lives through secure, reliable advanced technology is our vision.
At Unisys, we believe in better! Here, you have the opportunity to learn new skills, apply your expertise, and solve complex problems with cutting edge technologies and solutions. You are part of a global diverse team that supports you, drives change, and delivers successful results consistently.
Our associates are at the forefront of everything we do, driving our clients’ successes while giving back to communities and making this world a safer and more secure place to live and work. Our success is a direct result of the work of our people who live and breathe our Core Beliefs. Simply put, we believe in better lives. Join us!
Learn more about Unisys and our key solution offerings: Unisys, Stealth™, CloudForte®, InteliServe™
What success looks like in this role:
Unisys works with various public sector agencies across the world to drive organizational change—integrating departments and agencies to enable faster and more accurate decision-making while enhancing productivity and efficiency. Through our innovative solutions, our public sector clients are better positioned to deliver improved results for citizens and nations in the digital era.
Via this assignment your will be part of a long term cooperation with one of the leading European Agency in the area of border management and security.
As part of our team, you’ll enjoy a client-centric and collaborative environment that spans across a European marketplace. You’ll experience a fast-paced and forward thinking organization, which brings together a history of recognition and a vision for continued success via a wide range of IT-services, including requirement clustering, analysis, high level of quality assurance and project management. Our teams are concentrating on providing the highest possible levels of client satisfaction both at the client location and at Unisys locations across Europe -ideally from Spain and Brussels.
To strengthen this team you will perform the following responsibilities:
Act as a trustworthy advisor to the Contracting Authority, by making a feasible project plan that achieves the goals and objectives of the project and aligns with the organization’s overall business strategy
• Maintain overall responsibility for the execution of the Specific Contract
• Report and present to the Contracting Authority project manager
• Manage the design, development and implementation of software systems, including interoperability components, as per user-defined requirements
• Define project scope, goals and deliverables
• Prepare and maintain project and quality plans and track activities against the plan
• Estimate time schedule, budget and resource requirements for the successful completion of each project as per agreed terms of reference
• Be pro-active to resolve issues from a resource capacity and project deliverables viewpoint
• Guide and support the team project activities, review their deliverables, and monitor and provide timely and accurate project progress reports to all stakeholders
• Work in close relationship with the Lot 1 Programme Coordinator to allocate the best possible IT staff to the required roles, as well as with Contractors of other Lots to ensure smooth execution of all activities that involves participation of different Lots’ Contractors
• Participate in functional working groups and progress meetings
• Monitor costs, schedule and resources used, and take action where these deviate from agreed tolerances Ensure that delivered Systems are implemented within these criteria
• Manage the change control procedure gaining agreement for revisions to the project from project sponsors
• Provide effective leadership for the project team ensuring that team members are motivated and constantly developing their skills and experience
• Follow-up and manage the daily activities of the project
• Make sure that the staff is trained according to the applicable methodology and to the quality and contractual processes
• Ensure that the security policies and ITSM or project processes, aligned with the Contracting Authority processes, are followed by its team
• Consultative Project management in the IT software development and quality related areas
You will be successful in this role if you have:
• Minimum 10 - 12 years of experience as Team Leader / Project Manager
• Minimum 8 year of experience with a Project Management methodology (e.g. PM2, PRINCE2, PMP)
• Ability to build a vision for the future based on his/her knowledge of similar programmes
• Excellent knowledge of business process management, enterprise architecture and project management standards and methodologies, especially agile/scrum software development methodologies
• Usage of Project Management tools. Willingness to use the Project Management tool as specified by the Contracting Authority
• Capability of working in an international/multi-cultural environment understanding the needs, objectives and constraints of those in other disciplines and functions
• Excellent leadership qualities
• Ability to chair meetings and to give presentations
• Experience with Master Data Management
• Expert Knowledge of English is required (C1)
• Please note that as our employee you will need to apply for a EU Secret security clearance