The story of the Bosa Family Companies is one of entrepreneurship, commitment and a passion for real estate development and construction that began over 50 years ago. The wholly-integrated, family-run company is backed by a longstanding history of excellence in development, contracting, and asset-management, making it one of Canada’s most respected privately-owned brands. With an uncompromising commitment to quality construction and innovative design, the Bosa Family Companies – through its subsidiaries, Bosa Properties and BlueSky Properties – has cemented its reputation as one of the British Columbia’s top developers, and boasts an extensive portfolio of residential, commercial, industrial and mixed-use urban properties
The Project Director role is an exciting opportunity to work on some of the highest profile projects in Vancouver on both the Development and Construction sides of the business. Reporting directly to the Senior Vice President of Development, this role is a critical part of the Development team that acts as the main liaison between the Development, Consultant and Construction teams.
As a part of the Development team, you will work as “Bosa’s Project Representative”, liaising with the Development Manager and managing the Consultant and Construction Management Teams. Your overall focus in this role is to facilitate and drive consistency and accountability to achieve project schedule, budget and key deliverables.
Main Responsibilities Include:
- Provide leadership and foster excellent collaboration between all parts of the Bosa team as it relates to the project, while ensuring solid delivery of the projects and exceeding end-user expectations;
- Create a strong and cohesive project team by assuming a leadership role and capitalizing on individual and group strengths to ensure project targets are achieved;
- Mentor, guide and coach project team members to expand their capabilities and build depth within the local market to grow partnerships with Bosa partners and team members;
- Partner with the Consultant Team to ensure they are accountable to the highest standards and the design and drawings are complete;
- Partner with the Construction Manager to develop and maintain construction budget and schedule in conjunction with the local project team;
- Ensure project milestone completion dates are being met;
- Proactively assess, clarify and validate team needs on a regular basis while building team inter-relationships to better understand specific needs and identify professional development opportunities;
- Participate in project meetings with internal and external stakeholders to monitor and support the projects ongoing progression while providing planning and solutions;
- Foster the culture of partnership with staff, consultants, contractor and trades.
This role is best suited for seasoned individual with excellent leadership skills and a diplomatic personality that allows you to work well with many different stakeholders. You should be excited about new technologies and methodologies, and while you are keen on innovation, you are also practical in your decision making.
Your skills and characteristics should include:
- You have superior communication, interpersonal and presentation skills and the ability to work with senior executives and team members alike;
- You have excellent organizational and planning skills, as well as the ability to juggle multiple priorities and projects;
- You have the ability to collaborate with multiple stakeholders and ensure that the business outcomes are being achieved.
- You are capable of acting as a mentor and skilled arbiter in extremely complex or political situations with municipal, contracting and design partners;
- You have the ability to work well with many strong personalities and lead the team to one common goal;
- You relish leading and always lead by example;
- You have the ability to coach and develop team members through authentic discussions, constructive feedback and providing opportunities for development.
Our Must Haves
Your background and professional experience should include:
- Strong technical knowledge of modern design and construction practices, documents, drawings, schedules, technology, equipment, industry practices and contract negotiations;
- Experience anticipating problems and challenges, and providing leadership in creating innovative solutions to achieve project organizational objectives;
- Expertise in the areas of marketing, business development and partner relationships;
- Possess strong market sector relationships within the commercial, industrial, institutional and residential construction marketplace;
- Strong understanding in the area of safety within the organization and knowledge of OH&S environmental standards and regulation;
Our most important offering to anyone that joins the Bosa Properties team is our culture of innovation, achievement, and ownership. We bring out the best in each other by constantly striving to be world class in all we do. These values are reflected in our Real Estate Projects, our Company, and our People.
At Bosa, we also offer a very competitive compensation structure that supplements your regular income with a robust benefits package:
- Medical and Dental Coverage: Our industry leading benefits package covers you and your dependents at no cost
- RRSP Matching: We support your future goals by matching up to 5% of your RRSP contributions.
- Friends and Family Program: Early and exclusive access to our newly released projects
- BOSAconnect™: Our annual development conference that is designed and hosted by our leadership and complemented by a range of world-class speakers and workshop experts.
- Professional Development and Education Support