Do you want to work in a company that makes a positive impact in the world and you are a truly international, business-minded, forward-thinking Project Developer professional that has a true passion for growing organizations by growing people, thrive in fast-paced high environments, are extremely hands-on and a bit of a tech geek? Then this is your role!
X-ELIO is a leading global developer of renewable energies that relies on a large expertise in the solar sector. Our efforts are focused on the generation of ecological and highly profitable solar energy projects, offering customized solutions. We are looking for a Project Engineer to join our Global Headquarters in Madrid, reporting to a Technical Project Manager
The candidate will be responsible for the design of PV power plants to different levels of detail depending upon project status (basic, schematic or detailed). He/she will also participate in project feasibility studies from the design perspective as well as supervising the EPC contractors’ construction designs and as-built documentation, assistance to Technical Due Diligences and Business Development team, etc.
- What you will do:
- Optimal design of photovoltaic installations to schematic and detailed design documentation, including calculations, specifications and drawings.
- Handle interconnection process with the utility.
- Quantity Survey and budgeting of designs to produce the design BOQ.
- Control the legal and technical processing of photovoltaic projects in the portfolio.
- Manage and communicate engineering/technical input to site evaluation and characterization.
- Represent X-Elio in meetings, negotiation with clients, suppliers, consultants, utilities and regulatory authorities.
- BEng, with focus on Electrical or Energy engineering.
- A master's degree in Photovoltaic, Renewable Energy or similar would be considered a plus.
- Minimum experience in the design of photovoltaic power plants: three years.
- Hybrid/Battery Storage knowledge and experience would be considered a strong plus.
- Detail-oriented and self-motivated with ability to perform in a dynamic and collaborative working environment.
- Advanced level of English, Spanish and Italian
- Computer/Design Software literacy
- MS Office, including advanced MS Excel.
- SAP user desired.
- Solar resource analysis software: PVSyst, SAM.
- Electrical design software: ETAP, dmELECT, PLS-Cadd or similar