Callidus is looking for someone to manage a variety of projects within the mechanical and electrical building services engineering field. We are looking for someone who understands all aspects of the project design and construction process to interact with out teams, the client, other consultants and the construction team. The right person for this job is someone with excellent communication skills, is great at keeping lots of details organized and excels at bring teams together to Make the Building Work!!
Callidus Engineering is a building services professional engineering firm providing mechanical and electrical design for an ever-expanding group of quality customers throughout Canada. Our wide variety of clients includes architects, building owners, property managers, government agencies and contractors. Project size varies from $50,000 to $30,000,000 in construction value leading to a fast paced and dynamic office. Our offices are located in London, ON and Kingston, ON.
One position in London ON
We are currently recruiting a project manager with building design or construction experience in Ontario.
- Prepare proposals for new projects identifying the scope, schedule and budget with the client and negotiating the associated fees to meet the clients’ needs.
- Work with the department managers to assemble a project team to deliver the project to the client on time, within budget and meeting the client’s expectations
- Monitor the progress of the project through regular communication with the team and review of the hours/dollars spent on the project. Keep the client and Principal in charge updated on the project progress through regular updates.
- Attend client meetings or delegate to appropriate design staff. Document discussions and report back to the team.
- Review drawings issued to the client to ensure design meets client expectations. Ensure quality control measures are being followed.
- Identify extra scope with the team and the client and negotiate additional fees where applicable.
- Manage sub-consultants as the project may dictate ensuring information is shared across offices, work is completed to company standards, and fees are in alignment with the proposal.
- Coordinate contract administration activities with the design team and/or field technician for field reviews and all contract documentation.
- Work with the accounting team to prepare monthly invoicing and aid in project collections.
- Establish effective relationships with all parties involved in the project with a focus on exceptional customer service and overall team work.
- Ability to win new work through relationship building with your clients.
- 5+ years of experience in building design or construction industry
- University degree or College diploma in a related field such as Mechanical/Electrical Engineering or Architectural Technology, or
- Relevant field experience and training demonstrated by various certifications such gold seal holder, construction estimator certificate, etc.
- Training in project management
- Experience with construction contract law and standard contract documents including but not limited to CCDC contracts, change orders, payment certificates, certificate of substantial completion, etc.
- Understanding of mechanical and electrical systems including but not limited to chillers, boilers, air handling units, digital control systems, sprinkler systems, fire alarm systems, power distribution equipment, etc.
- A valid Ontario ‘G’ Driver’s License and access to a vehicle
- Ability to multi-task and be organized, especially under the stress of multiple project deadlines
- Desire to work within a team environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
Why should you apply?
- Competitive pay – We are offering a salary in the following ranges as well as performance bonuses for outstanding work.
- Ability to Grow – We invest in training our employees through formal out of office training sessions, in-office mentoring, and various online curriculum. We push our staff to take on more give assignments that challenge you.
- Great work environment – our people are what make us great and we reward that hard work by being an office that also has fun. And we are serious about having fun! Our social committee organizes summer potlucks, sporting events, parties and celebrations throughout the year. And don’t forget the nerf gun wars. Go to [...] to get a sense of our environment.
To apply for this position please send your cover letter and resume, in PDF format, to:
London Project Manager
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.