At Magna, we create technology that disrupts the industry and solves big problems for consumers, our customers, and the world around us. We’re the only mobility technology company and supplier with complete expertise across the entire vehicle.
We are committed to quality and continuous improvement because our products impact millions of people every day. But we’re more than what we make. We are a group of entrepreneurial-minded people whose collective expertise gives us a competitive advantage. World Class Manufacturing is a journey and it’s our talented people who lead us on this journey.
The Project Manager is responsible for the coordination, implementation and execution of IT projects in Global IT. For Magna this role requires a strong analytical skillset to be able to work on business requirements together with our cross-functional business ensuring consistency with the Magna Global IT strategy, commitments and goals.
- Planning and implementation of multiple IT business projects or strategic initiatives within the Global IT.
- Manage project scope, budget and timelines to meat goals and deliverables.
- Track project tasks and resource using appropriate tools.
- Develop statement of requirements together with functional teams.
- Constantly monitor and report on progress of the project to all stakeholders.
- Lead consistent steering committee update meetings with the project sponsors to review project status, key risks/issues and associated mitigation strategies.
- Work closely together with business departments as well as Global IT departments like enterprise architecture, IT Infrastructure or IT Solutions, Software architecture.
- Provide direction and support to project team.
- Implement and manage project changes to achieve project outputs.
- Project evaluations and assessment of results.
Knowledge, Education and Work Experience
- Completion of a degree in Computer Science – or a combination of education, training and experience deemed equivalent.
- Project management professional (PMP) designation, CAPM, PMP or equivalent certification is an asset.
- Minimum 3 years’ progressive experience planning and implementing IT projects with cross-functional stakeholders from IT and business groups.
- Knowledge of the theories, principles and practices project management and organizational change management.
- Proven experience with business and requirements analysis.
- Project management and supervisory principles and practices to supervise project staff and coordinate multiple complex projects under pressure to meet schedule and budget commitments.
- Project experience based on technologies like MS SQL based web applications, MS Azure, MS PowerBI is an asset.
Skills and Competencies
- Excellent MS Office knowledge.
- MS Project experience is an advantage.
- Basic Understanding of IT Infrastructure, network, databases, web applications, data integration.
- Profound English communication skills (written and oral), solid German communication skills are an asset.
- “Hands-on” mentality.
- Functional understanding of processes.
- Planning and organizing.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills, decision making.
- Negotiation skills and political acuity to ensure that conflicts project and stakeholder requirements are managed to ensure a successful outcome.
- Interpersonal and oral/written communication skills to make presentations to senior management and other senior stakeholders.
- Stress tolerance.
Regular overnight travel 10-25% of the time.
For dedicated and motivated employees, we offer an interesting and diversified job within a dynamic global team together with the individual and functional development in a professional environment of a global acting business. Fair treatment and a sense of responsibility towards employees are the principle of the Magna culture. We strive to offer an inspiring and motivating work environment.
The annual remuneration package for this position is a minimum of EUR 65.000,- with appropriate qualifications. We offer attractive benefits (e.g. employee profit participation program) and a salary which is in line with market conditions depending on your skills and experience.
05--Information Technology F--Permanent/Regular