Primetals Technologies is unrivaled worldwide—renowned for its groundbreaking and pioneering technical innovations, an unequaled passion for global project management and a relentless determination to revolutionize the metals industry.
Do you share our philosophy?
More about us: we design and build the biggest and most technologically advanced systems for the global iron and steel industry. And it's exceptional project management that allows us to do that. We work closely with experienced international colleagues and customers and our shared enthusiasm enables us to innovate. Through our passion for the world of metals we have become acknowledged pioneers in our industry. A total of 7,000 employees worldwide, of which 1,400 in Linz, are the driving force behind our technologies and projects. They are what drives our unique company forward.
We love what we do. Welcome to our world!
Bid and Commercial Project Manager Europe f/m/*
What are my responsibilities?
Our department is responsible for the sales region „Europe“ for the complete PT portfolio. We provide market know-how to locations and Business Segments active in the respective sales region, coordinate market and customer approach and manage the commercial sales process with the mission to maximize the order intake & market share. Furthermore we are responsible for the commercial project execution from Contract award till closure of the project. We are looking for an successor of our current Bid / Commercial Project Manager to ensure the know-how transfer and a learning phase.
- Autonomous and self-dependent development of commercial sales strategies in collaboration with our Technical Teams as well as commercial Project Execution of Chinese contract(s).
- Preparation of Winning Strategies inclusive Competitor Analyze from initiation until closure.
- Preparation inclusive Calculation of the commercial bids as well as Negotiation at the Customer.
- Contract Management including contract negotiation towards customers, suppliers and other contractual partners
- Building and promoting strong, long-lasting customer relationships by partnering with them and understanding their needs.
- Close cooperation with our team in China and Identification of Business Opportunities and driving of business model innovations.
- Commercial Execution of the Projects incl. Change order and Claim Management
- Risk and Opportunity Management in collaboration with the Technical Project Manager and the project team as well as Quality assurance during the project execution.
- Project Reporting in project reviews, project status meetings and/or consortium meetings to internal and external parties
- Coordination and collaboration in a multi-location and cross-cultural project environment.
- Handling of all commercial / financial issues for the project(s) supported by the respective
- Functional Departments
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- University- or Polytechnic degree in Business Administration / Business Administration and Engineering or an adequate commercial training with relevant professional experience (economic study, industrial engineering and management, business law or similar)
- 3 year professional work experience at least in Sales and /or Project Management or in an adequate commercial function is preferred
- Intercultural Understanding of the Asian Culture andProcess-Know-how in the Iron- and Steel Industry are preferred
- Professional fluency in German and English, both verbal and written
- Other foreign language is of advantage
- Proficient with MS Office applications, SAP and SAP BW knowledge preferred
- High ability to communicate and to work in a team
- Inter-divisional, analytical thinking
- Intercultural experience and proficiency in cooperation and negotiation with international customers and suppliers preferred
- Mobility and willingness for International travels required (20-30%)
On a personal level you convince us by your excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships and work well within a team. Your independent and structured approach to your works in combination with your analytical skills allows you to invent inspired business solutions supporting the company.
What else do I need to know?
The minimum annual gross salary for this position under the collective agreement and assuming that all requirements are met is EUR EUR 42.053,20 (F/00). This could rise considerably, depending on qualifications and experience. We also offer attractive social benefits, such as occupational health, adequate free parking, a canteen, as well as flexible working hours.
How do I apply?
If you are interested in this challenging and exciting position within an international environment, then submit your application online now:
A joint venture of
Mitsubishi Heavy Industries and Partners