CGI is looking for an experienced Project Manager to work in one of their Modernization Programs. This position requires a person capable of working at a fast pace as part of a team who is able to provide guidance on industry best practices to our development projects
Meaningful work is fueled by meaningful performance and career development conversations with your manager.
As part of the DSS team, the Project Manager will be responsible for:
• Complete project life-cycle for large complex projects
• Successfully delivering the project's outcome within the acceptable parameters of time, quality and budget agreed to within the Project Charter
Reporting to the Portfolio Director, the Project Manager position plays an integral role in supporting the organization’s senior leadership in achieving their objectives.
The general accountabilities of this role include, but are not limited to the following:
• Lead the delivery of large complex projects from Initiation to Implementation
• Manage multiple project stakeholders from cross-functional teams, as well as interfacing with project leaders, technology specialists, professional staff, vendors and consultants.
• Engage executive sponsor to ensure active participation on project initiatives
• Effectively manage stakeholder expectations related to project cost, time, and scope of deliverables
• Establish effective project oversight and other governance bodies, and engages the correct levels to support the direction for the project
• Provide on-going communication to key stakeholders, including the Project Sponsor, Program Manager and Portfolio Director to ensure they are aware of significant changes to the project status in a timely manner
• Communicate project summary, status, financials, etc. to appropriate parties involved in the governance of the project
• Collaborate with the appropriate partners to ensure required resources are assigned to the project for successful delivery
• Assess and ensure that customer experience / stakeholder expectations are appropriately managed
• Build consensus and relationships with project team and business
• Manage and track cash view of all project financials (forecasts and actuals)
• Build and manage project schedule, obtaining input from all project stakeholders to gain buy-in and acceptance of milestones and target completion dates for all project deliverables
• Maintain project RAID log, tracking and managing risks, issues, actions and decisions through to completion by owners
• Adhere to established project management processes ensuring approved scope deliverables are completed
• Oversee scope of the project and collaboratively adjusts scope when necessary, ensuring adherence to established project change management processes
• Adhere to enterprise project gating and governance controls to ensure that projects meet all the performance, quality and compliance standards and conforms to appropriate methodology
• Inspire a positive work environment and help champion quality, innovation, teamwork and service to the business.
• Learn voraciously, stretch your thinking, share your knowledge and educate others.
• Communicate and collaborate with both technical and non-technical professionals.
• Cultivate winning relationships by building trust with business and technology partners.
• Share our commitment to productivity, effectiveness and operational efficiency.
• Embrace change and witness amazing things happen – from the inside.
• 5-10+ years of relevant project management experience, with at least 3-5 years managing Technology projects
• Strong knowledge of the Project Management Life Cycle (PMLC) utilizing the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) by PMI
• Solid understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and how it integrates with the PMLC
• Thorough knowledge of project management principles, practices, techniques, and tools
• Experience executing projects using different approaches, like Waterfall, Iterative, or Agile
• Experience working in a large matrix organization with a mature EPMO governance support structure
• Excellent leadership skills, with the ability to lead and inspire a team to perform, maximize the contributions of all team members and communicate effectively, with confidence
• Strong collaboration skills to help uncover stakeholder needs and motivations, influence and secure the cooperation of key resources, resolve conflicts and negotiate positive outcomes for the project
• Logical and analytical. Comfortable making decisions under pressure. Able to balance the level of data required to make a decision with the importance of the outcome
• The ability to understand and learn the dynamics of relationships in an organization to identify decision makers and influencers, and to predict how new events or situations will affect the organization
• Resilient under pressure and tight timelines
• Adaptable to a variety of situations, individuals or groups. Understands and appreciates different and opposing perspectives
• Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification by the Project Management Institute (PMI) is a requirement
• Experience in the Financial Services sector is an asset
• Knowledge of the Clarity PPM application is an asset
• Knowledge of productivity and PM tools (MS Office PC software applications - Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project, Visio)
• Relevant university degree or equivalent work experience
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.