Environment, Health & Safety: Foundational
· Accountable for the safe execution of build projects
· Accountable for human health and safety requirements for the project construction.
o Ensure that contractor works safely as per Cargill policies and procedures.
o Daily enforcement on Safety, especially when new jobs are assigned.
o Continuously check safe operation of plant and workers.
o Ensure that all safety signs are in place and correctly placed.
o Document, resolve and escalate all accidents and incident to supervisor.
o Conduct daily housekeeping inspections / enforce on daily basis.
· Designing and executing a build project that is compliant with requirements from Cargill Corporate Food Safety and Regulatory Affairs BU and Cargill Environmental, Health and Safety
Legal & Permitting: Foundational
Comply with Cargill’s first guiding principle “We obey the law”, in managing the project construction:
· Fully understand the contract terms and conditions (as per Cargill standards) and implement proper document management system: contract formation, enforceability, interpretation; bonds and insurances, mechanics’ liens, change orders, claim documentation, and costs of disputes.
· Fact based observations to be performed continuously.
· Ensure that all permits and licenses required for the construction and operations are addressed and available prior to the project started.
1. Build Project Manager role for South Asia nonbase projects: 75%
a. Leading with a zero injury expectation
b. Leading the identified technical roles throughout the project
c. Developing a responsibility matrix for the identified technical roles and communicating with the project team
d. Accountable for completion of all Build deliverables throughout each phase
e. Coordinating and preparing for these reviews throughout each phase: Project Workshop, Project Definition Rating Index (PDRI), Independent Project Analysis (IPA), Technical, Operational Readiness and Gate
f. Maintaining control of the technical aspects of the project by measuring performance and taking corrective action
g. Designing and building a project that meets the operability requirements
h. Documenting and communicating the technical lessons learned
i. Participate in technical due-diligence of potential acquisition /joint-venture projects
2. Competitive Design - Engineering, Project Controls and Construction: 25%
a. Collaborate with APAC Capital Excellence team on competitive design initiatives
b. Provide technical leadership and knowledge in engineering and construction
c. Investigate innovation within the industry and seek to bring the outside in.
d. Support the broader CE efforts to rollout Project Controls culture and tools, starting with WBS, RASCI and earned value measurement.
e. Collaborate with engineering and other technical SMEs to ensure sound project decisions are made in the best interests of the business.
f. Honor the Cargill PDP process with strong knowledge, strong application and strong discipline.Support the broader sourcing efforts to prequalify vendors for projects.
· Bachelor degree in civil, mechanical, chemical or industrial engineering
· Minimum of 12 years of experience in responsible engineering and construction work
· 8 years leading build project team/s
· Project management experience of projects 1 – 25 MUSD budgets each
· Knowledge of cost & work-hour requirements for various types of industrial construction.
· Knowledge of project controls
· Ability to coordinate personnel with diverse skills and experiences to accomplish overall planning goals.
· Ability to implement a Capital Improvement plan through the budget and scheduling process.
· Strong literacy in English and one other mother tongue like Bahasa Indonesia or Tagalog
· Technical insight and sound judgment necessary to direct other engineers in the solution of unusual problems
· Ability to plan, coordinate, and conduct meetings efficiently and effectively – thereby be decisive and results driven.
· Demonstrated supervisory and leadership skills by achieving good results in difficult circumstances.
· Ability to be concise, clear and direct in both written and verbal communications.
· Ability to use and apply engineering economic principles.
· Organizational skills developed to keep work flowing smoothly, lines of authority and areas of responsibilities are clearly defined, and reaction to changing situations is smooth.
· Ideas, concepts, and projects are clearly and concisely explained to large and small groups that may or may not be familiar with the electric utility industry.
· Ability to apply and direct others in the application of theoretical concepts to practical problems
P r efer r ed:
· >15 years of experience in responsible engineering and construction work
· >10 years leading build project team/s
· Project management experience of projects up to 50 MUSD budgets
· PMP certification
· Regional project management experience in South East Asia
· Experienced in agri-processing / logistics type of projects
· Past employment in large MNC owners or EPCM vendors