Evotec is a drug discovery alliance and development partnership company focused on rapidly progressing novel small and large molecule drugs with operational sites in Europe and the US. The Company has built substantial drug discovery expertise and an industrialised platform that can drive new innovative small and large molecule drugs into the clinic. In addition, Evotec has built a deep internal knowledge base in the treatment of diseases related to neuroscience, oncology, pain, inflammation, metabolic and infectious diseases (ID). Leveraging these skills and expertise, the Company intends to develop best-in-class differentiated therapeutics and deliver superior science-driven discovery alliances with pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies.
With the continued expansion of our business our discovery operations and collaboration structure has grown more complex therefore to ensure that we continue to meet our high expectations in delivering goals we have created an Alliance Management function. In order to support this function, with a primary focus on internal processes, we are establishing a new role of Project Manager. The role requires a high degree of internal collaboration, working closely, as a partner, with the scientific leadership, alliance management and finance to ensure efficient creation and management of internal operational processes and reporting. The project manager can be in relation with the client, for the topics related to invoicing, resources, scheduling when a project manager counterpart is identified in the client organisation
Supporting a selected portfolio of collaborations globally:
- Tracking and providing information internally of collaboration progress in terms of phase timelines and resource utilisation.
- Monitoring and reporting of the collaboration financial position to Alliance Management and Project Leaders (costs, revenue, margin)
- Liaising with project office to inform of invoice details, in line with completion of work packages and contractual agreement. Act as the central point of contact for the Project Office.
- Following-up, reporting, alerting and investigation of deviation from contractual agreements (resourcing, timelines, costs, delivery) to collaboration partner. Take part in external meetings where these points are addressed (if required)
- Where appropriate (e.g. if PM counterpart involved or collaboration structure suitable) act as key point of contact directly with the partner, for the topics related to resources and scheduling.
- Provision, analysis and reporting of contractual or internally requested KPIs and progression statistics
- Ensuring project forecasts are provided to finance in a timely fashion to allow appropriate financial reporting
- Development of a standard collaboration ‘dash-board’ for internal and external progress review
- Supporting smaller collaboration projects as required with tools and advice
- Contribute proactively to the preparation (agenda, slides, minutes…) of the different type of project meetings (internal as internal kick off and joined meetings as JPTM, JSC, F2F) and to the follow-up of actions
Assist in the improvement of the general Alliance Management infrastructure as required:
- Contribution to build the Alliance Management structure and contribute to the project management community in order to propose and develop harmonized and efficient practices
- Supporting process improvement initiatives across the project initiation phase (Communicate project plan to finance/project office, ELN assignment, internal data management, provision of templates, material & document transfer/destruction, lessons learned reviews)
Knowledge, skills and abilities :
- Demonstrate exceptional organisational skills and ability to analyze complex data
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrate the ability to produce results against challenging timelines
Interact effectively across functional, geographic and cultural boundaries within the Company
- Self-starting ability and capability of working with a wide degree of autonomy and independence
Experience and education :
- Master 2/ Engineer
- Good knowledge in project management and scheduling activities
- Good knowledge of Excel tool reporting and PowerPoint visualization Tools
- Experience in organizing and clearly presenting data
- Demonstrated understanding of the internal processes behind a collaboration (financial reporting, resource management, operational set-up)
- Good command of English (spoken and written)
Permanent contract based in Lyon