JD Development is a property development company, known for the quality that they deliver. We value our people and we invest in building strong teams and amazing culture. We are looking for a thorough and energetic Project Coordinator to join our growing team and support us.
Why work with us?
We offer a number of benefits from competitive pay, supportive culture, growth, health benefits as well as an RRSP matching plan.
Who are we looking for:
We are looking for a seasoned Construction Project Manager to join our growing team. The successful candidate will have a proven project track record of managing construction projects. A highly motivated person who works well within a team and takes ownership of their assigned responsibilities, be hands on with the ability to identify problems and resolve them in an efficient a manner, and be able to build/sustain relationships with the suppliers, trades, partners and the project team.
- Take ownership and manage project activities throughout the life cycle of the projects.
- Oversee professional consultants, contractors, and vendors to assure that they are complying with project and contract requirements including project costs and schedules, and all other requirements for the proper execution of the work.
- Prepare and update time schedule of projects to ensure projects are completed within established deadlines.
- Oversee and participate in contract negotiations as required with vendors and senior staff.
- Monitor cost and quality of the work to ensure high standards are met.
- Plan and coordinate with engineers, architects, trades, and vendors.
- Ensure all Health and Safety standards are adhered to by all team members.
- Communicate the status on all projects to management.
- Anticipate and resolve project issues and advise management of potential problems.
- Understand and enforce contract documents.
- Manage change orders throughout the duration of the project, including negotiating, assessing cost and schedule impact.
- Attend project progress meetings, ensure minutes are prepared/reviewed and distributed.
- Assist in securing building permits, occupancy, and licenses when required.
- Report project status to management.
- Liaise and maintain continuous interaction with site personnel.
- Participate in overall project closeout.
- Maintain continuous interaction with site supers and estimators.
- Ensure compliance and adherence to Tarion Warranty.
- Handle sensitive information with confidentiality.
- University Degree or College Diploma in Civil Engineering, Engineering Technology/Architecture or Construction Management.
- Proficiency in Architectural construction drawings, permit set drawings, including MEP and structural drawings. Proficient in Microsoft Office; Adobe Professional Suite, MS Project. AutoCAD and Revit knowledge is an asset.
- Minimum five years’ experience working as a project manager in construction (preferably mid and high rise), and well-developed knowledge of the construction process, finance, and management.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to provide coaching and mentoring to team members.
- High level of understanding of the OHSA, ability to enforce Health & Safety practices.
- Strong knowledge of construction methods and practices.
- Excellent time management, organizational, administrative, written & verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to travel and possess a valid provincial driver's license.
Location: Our head office is located in Markham, Ontario
Remote work: No. The position is based in our head office in Markham and requires local travel to construction sites.
JD Development is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation at any stage of the hiring process, we will work with you to meet your needs. Thank you again for your interest in JD.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.