Pernod Ricard is the global co-leader in wines and spirits and the leader in the premium segment. Listed in the Paris CAC40, Pernod Ricard has a portfolio of prestigious brands such as Ricard, Absolut, Chivas Regal, Ballantine’s, Jameson, Martell, Havana Club, Mumm and Perrier-Jouët. With an annual turnover in excess of €9bn, the Group is present in 80+ markets around the world and employs more than 19,000 employees.
Pernod Ricard launched an ambitious program to leverage the power of data. In order to support this massive digital transformation, Pernod Ricard decided to create Centers of Excellence. One of them will be the Data Center of Excellence: An armed wing of PR ambition to become a platform company. Pernod Ricard Data CoE will offer expertise, advice and change levers to assist and accelerate global and local data projects.
We have already started this agenda with the deployment of flagship projects with strong sponsorship from the CEO and his Top Management and large financial investment, such as the prioritization of outlets through social media data & automated updates to increase market penetration and better calibration of our route-to-market. We have built a best-in-class Data Platform where projects are delivered in production, leveraging the most recent technologies available on the public Cloud. We have designed a Data Academy program, in partnership with our HR team, to certify internally our employees.
- Define and manage data governance tools and frameworks (data cartography, data catalog)
- Design and build Data CoE catalog of services regarding data governance
- Partner with business teams to implement the Data governance strategy (data roles & responsibilities, data knowledge and data quality)
- Drive the implementation of group Data Hubs (specification, development, deployment)
Roles and responsibilities:
Lead the implementation of the Data Governance Strategy
Drive and Manage the implementation of Group Data Hubs
- In collaboration with the Data Office within our Sales & Marketing teams, empower data custodian within IT teams in our affiliates to maintain good quality of data
- Identify need of taxonomy alignment within projects, suggest roadmap to business teams and follow the implementation accordingly
- Audit and select data governance tools (Data catalog, Data glossary…)
- Define Data Governance implementation assessment scorecard and follow the KPIs
- Work with the Data Protection Office when necessary
Define and manage data governance tools, frameworks, guidelines and documentation
- Act as PMO to develop and deploy Data Hubs with all stakeholders
- Assure the coherence between Data Hubs
- Communicate Data Hubs roadmap and status to business & IT Top management and teams
- Helps business team to identify opportunity of tool implementation
- Improve existing tools and framework to impulse data knowledge and quality
- Pilot the development of solutions and guidelines to support the Data Governance Strategy
- Enrich the Data CoE catalog of services to support affiliate on data governance key expectations
- Develop documentation, including toolkits, checklists, guidelines and templates
Participate and enrich the Data Community
- Anime data governance community with the Data Office
- Create content to enrich the data community guidelines, tips & tricks and project unboxing
- Facilitate re-use and sharing of global and local assets, best practices and projects.
Manage external teams
- Define the organization needed, select and manage external teams
- Make sure that teams deliver the solutions with the right costs, schedule and quality
- Manage the teams & budgets
- Internal stakeholders: Global business teams, data stakeholders of all the affiliates, IT Managers, Business Relationship Managers and Digital Data Office…
- Key External stakeholders: data governance tools providers, communication agencies…
- Job scope: 100% international
The Data Governance Project Manager will directly report to the to the Data Management & Governance Program Manager.
The Data Governance Project Manager will manage a team of external consultants.