Crest Solutions are looking to speak with Automation Project Managers for Life Sciences projects
Primary Function / Goals / Objectives
• Follow all Health and Safety Rules and Regulations in the plant.
• Report any current or potential hazards to your immediate manager immediately
• The correct Personal Protective Equipment (P.P.E.) must be worn at all times. Consult the appropriate SOP where required.
• The Automation Project Manager is responsible for consulting any SOP’s for any job task he/she may carry out and ensure they fully understand and adhere to the SOP.
• Housekeeping is a critical function of all jobs and the Automation Project Manager is expected to ensure all craftsmen working under his/her supervision ensure housekeeping activities are observed and carried out appropriately. It is important that GMP is a main priority in any operation carried out in this job function.
• He/she must help establish with the Engineering Manager the departmental goals, schedules and timetables for activities.
• Establish communication lines with all other departments e.g. Manufacturing, Q.A., Materials, Human Resources, Technical Operation Support and Finance.
• Plan and schedule work in accordance with plant demand and available manpower.
• Maintain adequate stores stock levels and ensure proper in/out control.
• Ensure compliance with International Global Standards, GMP & Environmental requirements.
• Responsible for promoting good employee relations.
• Ensure all employees and contractors under his/her direction are fully familiar with all Safety Rules Regulations.
• Ensure all efforts are made to reduce product cost by improving efficiencies.
• Drive a Continuous Improvement culture through effective RCA & PPS.
• Ensure all employees follow correct procedure when carrying out hot work, working at height and confined space entry ensuring work permits are fully in compliance with SOPs.
• This job function will change where update procedures to GMP, EHS, Technical/New Equipment, Quality procedures and SOPs are made.
• Support Business Excellence initiative in the plant.
· The Automation Project Manager will be required to manage and execute key projects through the full life-cycle.
· S/he will be required to follow Project Management protocols under the guidance of Capital Business Office.
A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or an equivalent discipline.
• Minimum of 5 years relevant experience in Engineering.
• Knowledge of an Automated Manufacturing Environment with a good solid understanding of packing equipment is essential.
• The ability to organize, motivate and understand people [Contractors, Equipment Suppliers and team members]
• Good mental ability to logically follow a line of though for problem solving.
Accountability / Scope
• Considerable and continual care and attention is needed to avoid substantial damage to
• Continual attention needed to ensure plant reaches its annual production plan.
• Failure on the incumbent part not to exercise due care could cause repeated small
losses or occasional damage.
• Environmental non-compliance will result in EPA/Legal censorship.
• Ensure Capital budgets are controlled with all expenditure adding value for money.