Language: full working proficiency in Spanish and English
Reporting: Project Manager
Location: Madrid, Spain
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The Project Planner is responsible for guiding the Project Core Team in the management of all planning, scheduling and progress control related aspects of the project in accordance with the Planning & Scheduling Process. He/She provides the knowledge and the tools to plan the project scope of work and all related deliverables during project launch. This includes the application of the generic WBS and using it as a cost and progress management tool throughout the project.
The Project Planner establishes and updates the Detailed Project Schedule (DPS), including leading the harmonization and integration of sub-schedules from all parties (functions, subdivisions) involved in the project. The Project Planner needs to challenge all inputs from all parties. The Project Planner regularly tracks and reports progress against the baseline schedule and continuously monitors risks and opportunities as well as proactively develops scenarios, mitigation or back-up plans if required.
The Project Planner produces schedule-related KPI’s as required by the project. The Project Planner is an important member of the Change Control Board. He/She supports the Project Manager in discussions related to delays and/or improvements of the schedule. He/She supports the Project Manager or the Supply Manager representatives communicating detailed schedule objectives or issues to suppliers or partners.
When in the lead in a consortium, he/she maintains direct contact with peers in partner companies and manages schedule development and follow-up as a whole within the consortium.When not in the lead, he/she maintains direct contact with peers in partner companies on detailed schedule development and reporting; cooperating proactively with lead planner and peers in partner companies.
1.Functional duties to the Project Core Team:
- Responsible for guiding the Project Core Team in the planning of activities to deliver the project usingstandard tools (e.g. generic Product Breakdown Structure and Work Breakdown Structure);
- Responsible for establishing and updating the DPS based on common objectives within the project;
- Responsible for monitoring and reporting on schedule progress and deviations within all parties involved in the project;
- Responsible for communicating the DPS to all parties involved in the project, including any changes to the DPS;
- Responsible for regularly monitoring critical path(s) of the schedule to identify risks and opportunities and develop mitigation or recovery plans;
- The role is mandated to make any internal contacts, and in a consortium, any external contacts, needed to perform the duties.
2.Leadership duties within the Project Core Team:
- Lead meetings related to DPS topics within the Project Core Team and with other functions;
- Manage, with the support of all Project Core Team members, the effective communication of the current;
- DPS to all relevant stakeholders, including any updates;
- Ensure that schedule implications of change requests are made visible and clear prior to presentation and decision making in the Change Control Board.
3.Specific responsibilities to other Project Core Team roles:
- Regularly update the Project Controller with any and all progress or delays to the DPS to secure that implications to the EAC are monitored;
- Ensure that the Risk & Opportunity Manager is regularly updated with possible threats or opportunity derived from present or future deviations to the DPS.
- University degree, preferably in Engineering or Business;
- Tertiary qualification and planning & scheduling experience;
- Additional qualification in planning & scheduling is an advantage;
- Typically minimum 4 years of experience in relevant role;
- Working experience either in Engineering, Project Management, Operations, Procurement, Bids, Sales, or Finance;
- Experience in working in a multicultural environment;
- Has worked on several projects and/ or bids, ideally in similar business areas (e.g. railways, construction);
- Has planning experience on projects of similar scale;
- Experience on complex projects with different stakeholders;
- Knowledge of relevant software is an advantage (Primavera);
- Fluent in English.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
- You will work together with an highly experienced, ambitious and devoted team;
- You will have a chance to work in a big growing international company.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Bombardier Transportation is a global mobility solution provider leading the way with the rail industry’s broadest portfolio. It covers the full spectrum of solutions, ranging from trains to sub-systems and signalling to complete turnkey transport systems, e-mobility technology and data-driven maintenance services. Combining technology and performance with empathy, Bombardier Transportation continuously breaks new ground in sustainable mobility by providing integrated solutions that create substantial benefits for operators, passengers and the environment. Headquartered in Berlin, Germany, Bombardier Transportation employs around 39,850 people and its products and services operate in over 60 countries.
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws.
Job: Project Development
Primary Location: ES-M-Madrid
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 27.11.2020, 3:31:05 AM