JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The Food Safety Quality Specialist II is responsible for providing specialized knowledge of specific segments of our quality systems and/or plant processes such as food safety and quality auditing, instrumentation, specific product line knowledge, computer systems, management and/or oversight of suppliers and other needed focus areas. You will be involved in preparation and participation of customer audits. You will work together with internal and external teams to address customer requirements and concerns, as well as collaborate on audits.
- Conducts verification and/or maintenance of the Food Safety and Quality Systems, Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point, Sanitation Standard Operating Procedure, prerequisite programs, manufacturing processes, plant environment, and finished product.
- Collaborates with operations on the initiation of corrective action and preventative measures when necessary.
- Ensures adherence to corporate, regulatory, customer and facility food safety and quality requirements and completion of corrections and corrective actions.
- Leads food safety focused audits (Corporate Food Safety, Food Safety System Certification 22000, customer, regulatory).
- Acts as Food Safety Team leader by coordinating and leading Food Safety Team and overseeing the food safety management system and management review.
- Manages food/feed safety management system compliance to appropriate government regulations.
- Investigates and follow up on food safety incidents that occur in the plant to ensure they are reported and that corrective action and permanent corrections are taken.
- You will work under general supervision and independently solve moderately complex issues while referring more complex problems to a higher-level staff.
- Other duties as assigned