In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 17,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 73 markets with more than 196,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you’re valued as part of the team.
* excluding partnerships
The APAC Fresh team is based in Hong Kong/Mumbai and is responsible for managing the development and support around the Local Regulatory Solutions, Fast Track Solutions and ledger System for topics related to Finance within APAC.
APAC Fresh Transversal team formed within APAC FRESH is to support management in budget preparation and monitoring, manage and coordination transversal project, act as a SPOC between Finance & IT and also coordination with ISPL support team.
Collect & document requirement and provided necessary background information.
Drive and manage all stages in project life cycle, from project initialization to project closure and advise project manager on Finance user priorities/constraints.
Develop project scope documentation, project plans and project schedules
Continuously coordinate with IT and other finance users, maintain and follow up on issues raised
Undertake risk analysis and proactively identify mitigating solutions
Timely track the progress of projects against agreed timeline and budget
Arrange smooth go-live implementation and provide post go-live support
Present project status regularly to senior management
Build and maintain a trusted relationship with all project stakeholders across different functions (Finance, IT and Extended team in India “ISPL”)
SPOC (Single Point Of Contact)
Coordination with ISPL (Extended team in India) support team
Set up Key-Performance-Index (KPI) for performance measure
Manage and review their delivery to ensure they are in line with APAC
Arrange and attend periodic meeting with ISPL to monitor, review and fine-tune the process
Handling of the problems encountered by the teams with Regional IT and ISPL IT pertaining to organization and procedure.
Manage and analysis Finance request for prioritization and Sprints planning
Maintain the Project List , scope and prioritization
Identify area of improvement; streamline the existing processes for efficiency
• Provide support in case of production incidents, including root cause identification and proposing solutions to resolve the issue in a timely manner
• Coordination with the various teams to maintain procedure & training material
• Assist management to prepare various presentation
• Support team head to monitor the budget and progress reporting
Specific Qualifications Required
Essential Knowledge / Skills :
• Finance background and understanding of financial terms, processes, instruments and transactions, especially in the area of accounting
• Understanding of general banking operations and applications: Front –Middle – Back Office – Accounting – Reporting.
• Understanding of accounting principles (how to read a balance sheet, pass entries)
• Project management skills
• Ability to work under stress and multi-task
• Strong problem solving and logical thinking skill
• Excellent communication skills in English (verbal/written)
• PC skill such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SQL
Qualifications and Experience :
• Experience in Banking Industry with a minimum of 8 years
• Experience as a key participant in projects (as project manager is best)
• Experience in financial reporting and accounting
Other Value-added Competencies :
• Other Computer skills (Access, Alteryx, any development language as evidence of technical comfort)
• Availability for short term on-site missions
• CPA preferred, but not mandatory
• Experience in project management and PMP qualification preferred, but not necessary
Primary Location: HK-Hong Kong (HK)-Hong Kong
Job Type: Standard / Permanent
Job: FINANCIAL AND TECHNICAL EXPERTISE