What you will do
The Proposal Engineer will be responsible to issue the proposals and manage the relationship with the customer in the framework of the tender, providing high level understanding of requirements and supporting the sales person in developing the business opportunity. How you will do it
- Proposal development and ownership
- Ensure that a quote will meet customers’ application and operational needs
- Site surveys and meetings with customers to ensure needs and solutions are well understood and investigated, also proposing alternative best-fitted solutions
- Provide support on technical solutions and benefits
- Prepare customer quotations technically accurate and on time, commercially verified, offering the best all-round solution (including buy-out scope)
- Ownership of materials estimates, services estimates, other costs as applicable and proposal strategy in cooperation with sales person
- Manage the technical & commercial bid review process in accordance to DOA
- Manage handover between proposal and operation / execution team after contract awarding
- Attend relevant technical and commercial trainings as required to maintain a high level of product and process knowledge, including new products as and when released.
Qualifications What we look for
Degree in Engineering Discipline or equivalent in a relevant engineering field, mechanical, construction and process is preferred
Knowledge of fire protection solutions for the O&G and power market, sprinklers and watermist technology; knowledge of foam, gas suppression and fire detection will be a plus
Knowledge of fire protection standards and regulations
Experience in design and quote turnkey supplies is considered a plus
Ability to work under pressure and within multinational organization
Minimum of 5 years relevant work experience in same role
Fluent Italian & English language skills (verbal, reading and writing)
We offer an exciting and challenging position with great personal freedom and professional responsibility. Joining us you will become part of a leading global multi-industrial corporation defined by its stimulating work environment and job satisfaction. In addition we offer outstanding career development opportunities which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. If you are interested to learn more about this exciting opportunity then please apply directly to the role through the web page.
Who we are
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 130,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. For additional information, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter.