Do you have experience in product management or Go to Market / proposition?Do you offer a commercial mind set and strong market, competitor and pricing analysis skills? Are you keen to shape product and help position the highly regarded Practical Law product in the market?
We are seeking a Proposition Manager for Practical Law at Thomson Reuters.
Why do we have this role?
Practical Law is a time-saving online legal guidance and know-how solution. It is relatively new to Australia, with a deep history in the United Kingdom and the United States. We're still growing our local offering in Australia and across the region, and we're looking for a creative, commercial, customer-focussed professional with product, proposition management or relevant consulting experience to help us:
- identify, scope, cost, project manage, and deliver the enhancements to our content and platform functionality that will help our clients achieve their commercial ends.
- partner with go to market functions to formulate and deliver on strategic segment approaches and campaigns to drive increased adoption of Practical Law.
About Practical Law
Practical Law empowers law firms and legal departments to act with confidence by relying on up-to-date practical guides, precedents, and legal updates that help them navigate their way through legal issues and focus their deeper research. Practical Law's content is created by a high calibre team comprised of ex-top tier and senior in-house lawyers with substantial practicing experience.
You will support the Director of Practical Law AEM and work closely with a cross-functional team of sales professionals, content creators, marketers, technology professionals and designers to deliver key product and commercial outcomes for Practical Law. You will also work closely with the proposition leads for other subscription and software services within the Thomson Reuters Legal portfolio to identify opportunities for collaboration and cross promotion.
You will need to have:
- An aptitude for strategic thinking
- The creativity to conceive and evaluate new ideas and approaches
- Innate curiosity and a drive to undertake research and consult with customers and prospects
- An ability to inspire and motivate people to deliver required outcomes
- Strong project management skills
- Experience and understanding of the legal market in Australia (preferred but not mandatory)
- To maintain up-to-date insight on the knowhow requirements of the legal market
- To analyse and remain up-to-date on the competitive landscape
- To develop prioritised proposition roadmaps and strategies
- To prepare business cases and champion incremental investment and ongoing business support in line with agreed strategies and business objectives
- To initiate and play a key role in ensuring investment projects are delivered to agreed scope, schedule, specifications and budget
- To leverage the Practical Law Advisory and relationships with key stakeholders in support of strategic and go to market objectives
- To develop commercial plans to optimize Practical Law business performance
- To proactively maintain pricing and packaging to optimise gross and net sales outcomes
- To actively participate in go to market planning and execution to accelerate growth of Practical Law net sales and profitability.
Do you want to be part of a team helping re-invent the way knowledge professionals work? How about a team that works every day to create a more transparent, just and inclusive future? At Thomson Reuters, we’ve been doing just that for almost 160 years. Our industry-leading products and services include highly specialized information-enabled software and tools for legal, tax, accounting and compliance professionals combined with the world’s most global news services – Reuters. We help these professionals do their jobs better, creating more time for them to focus on the things that matter most: advising, advocating, negotiating, governing and informing.
We are powered by the talents of 25,000 employees across more than 75 countries, where everyone has a chance to contribute and grow professionally in flexible work environments that celebrate diversity and inclusion. At a time when objectivity, accuracy, fairness and transparency are under attack, we consider it our duty to pursue them. Sound exciting? Join us and help shape the industries that move society forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com .