NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
NIKE is a technology company. From our flagship website and five-star mobile apps to developing products, managing big data and providing leading edge engineering and systems support, our teams at NIKE Global Technology exist to revolutionize the future at the confluence of tech and sport. We invest and develop advances in technology and employ the most creative people in the world, and then give them the support to constantly innovate, iterate and serve consumers more directly and personally. Our teams are innovative, diverse, multidisciplinary and collaborative, taking technology into the future and bringing the world with it.
SECTION 1: WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR
We’re looking for a Senior Data Protection IT Security Engineer. This role will use extensive knowledge of international standards, industry best practices, professional experience, collaboration and good judgment to implement a business focused information security strategic roadmap. This role will be part of a team that is responsible for developing, implementing, and maintaining security technology footprint which allows Nike to move rapidly and securely into new business enabling technologies. The candidate needs to have knowledge of information security standards, principles and practices, and have the ability to assess risk and translate it to business relevant considerations and facts.
SECTION 2: WHAT WILL YOU WORK ON
If this is you, you’ll be working with Data Protection team and performing these key tasks:
* Work with Business IT teams to continually improve the security posture of their application and solution portfolios.
* Deployment of security tools and capabilities across a globally distributed environment.
* Work with peers throughout Nike Inc. to collect input on needed security capabilities
* Gain understanding of the effectiveness of security policies and technologies.
* Contribute to the development of an annual Security roadmap outlining key initiatives in support of the Nike Information Security Strategy
* Develop business cases for the adoption of new technology, standards and processes.
* Support management in understanding architectural and operational information risk within/against Nike
* Staying current on security technologies, trends, standards and best practices
* Continually update relevant security skills
* Other duties and responsibilities as assignedSECTION 3: WHO WILL YOU WORK WITH
You will be part of the Corporate Information Security team, and report into the Data Protection team based out of World Headquarters and the Greater China Cybersecurity team.
SECTION 4: WHAT YOU BRING
* Bachelor's degree in computer science or related filed, or equivalent work experience
* 5 years of information technology experience with a minimum of 3 years in an information security related role
* As a Nike Security Engineer the following certifications are strongly preferred:
* Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
* Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
* Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
* Offensive Security Certified Professional (OSCP)
* Knowledge of information security standards, principles and practices
* Demonstrated relevant security expertise in implementing secure solutions and services for a mix of the following areas:
* Enterprise DLP, including SaaS-based DLP and on-prem DLP capabilities
* CASB solutions (API-based and inline)
* Workstation Operating Systems (Windows / MacOS)
* Enterprise DRM capabilities
* Office 365 security capabilities
* Knowledge in the following areas are highly desirable:
* HIPS/HIDS, Anti-Virus
* Application Security
* Database Security (Oracle/MySQL)
* Compliance - SOX, PCI, ISO 27001
* Cloud Security Technologies
* National and International Privacy laws and regulations
* This role must be proficient at the techniques that go into the implementation of solution architectures, including requirements discovery and analysis, application of abstraction, formulation of solution context, solution alternatives identification and assessment, technology selection, and implementation.
* The ability to assess risk and translate it to business relevant considerations and facts
* The ability to learn and apply new concepts quickly
* Proven analytical and problem solving ability
* Superior communication, ability to explain complex concepts in plain language and graphics
* Excellent organization, and interpersonal skills with the ability to appropriately communicate and translate complex security risks to dollars
* Ability to balance and prioritize work
* Must be trustworthy in keeping sensitive data confidential
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.