About PTC (NASDAQ: PTC)
PTC enables global manufacturers to realize double-digit impact with software solutions that enable them to accelerate product and service innovation, improve operational efficiency, and increase workforce productivity. In combination with an extensive partner network, PTC provides customers flexibility in how its technology can be deployed to drive digital transformation on premises, in the cloud, or via its pure SaaS platform. At PTC, we don't just imagine a better world, we enable it.
IoT Incident Management Engineer
PTC is looking for talented, enthusiastic, and career-minded individuals to join our Internet of Things (IoT) Incident Management team where you will have the opportunity to work with leading ThingWorx Technology across a range of industries. You will be responsible for Incident Support to our customers and partners thus ensuring high availability of application services to the customers as per SLAs, while working alongside a highly talented and collaborative team.
IoT Incident Management Engineers possess a high level of competency on the IoT Platform and Edge device connectivity technologies. This person will assume a combination of responsibilities working with our customers, partners, and the greater IoT Team to resolve Infrastructure and Software issues, address questions, or guide on best practices related to development and deployment of IoT applications. As a member of the IoT Incident Management team, you will have substantial opportunity to grow and advance your career along support services, technical services, management, or related paths through comprehensive training programs and experience.
- Address enterprise down situations to ensure high availability of Application services provided to customers as per the defined SLA
- Work with End Users, System Administrators, Field Consultants, Developers, and Engineers to diagnose Incidents reported by the customers related to IoT services provided by PTC.
- Use of case management tool to log and track issue status and related activities.
- Create and publish knowledge articles for re-use by customers and PTC employees.
- Opportunities to train, mentor, and participate in continual training and personal improvement will arise as the candidate develops their skills. Candidate must be willing to take on new challenges.
- A strong capacity and desire to develop customer service and communication skills. The candidate will be expected to understand a customer needs, put themselves in the customer s shoes, and guide the customer s expectations. We ask our engineers to be the voice of the customer back to the company and experience in working with customers is desired.
- The ability to manage multiple urgent issues in parallel.
- The confidence, communication and interpersonal skills to lead customers in urgent or critical situations.
- The desire to learn new soft and technology skills and the desire to coach, mentor and train peers throughout the organization.
- The ability to work with teammates in a collaborative manner to achieve a mission.
- Presentation skills to prepare and present to large and small groups on technical and functional topics.
- Strong command line Linux Skills
- Experience on Public Cloud like Azure or AWS
- Exceptional diagnostic ability and skilled in using industry standard tools and techniques, monitoring, tuning and/or changing complex applications to optimize the product to perform to customer expectations.
- Experience in implementation or support of enterprise business applications on Java and other web related technologies.
- Extensive experience with aspects of enterprise application suites (networks, database configuration, server configuration, Web Server optimization, load balancing hardware, device configuration and communication, Web application security).
- Working knowledge of Oracle or SQL RDBMS.
- Able to produce audience-appropriate technical communications with management, support personnel, and the customer.
- Experience installing, configuring and administering Web-based applications, Relational Databases, and Open-Source Projects (such as Apache Webserver, Apache Tomcat).
- An understanding of machine communication protocols and web services development including use of a REST API.
- Knowledge of storage networking/cloud computing.
- The ability to analyze details and synthesize the "big picture" from incomplete or ambiguous data.
- Ability to influence and gain cooperative relationships with wide range of audiences ranging from executives to technical specialists.
- Able to develop a coherent plan of action that meets everyone s needs to resolve a given situation as quickly as possible.
- Able to revise actions plans as new data is obtained.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Experience working with technically diverse teams.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Channel of communication may include online community forum.
- Customer Satisfaction focus, both internal and external, with strong relationship skills.
- 1-3 years' hands on experience in a related support, services, or software development field that utilized technical and soft skills.
- Fluent in the following languages: German, English and/or French.
- Bachelor s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or similar fields.
- Company Name: PTC Software India Pvt Ltd
- Company Description:
PTC (NASDAQ: PTC) unleashes industrial innovation with award-winning, market-proven solutions that enable companies to differentiate their products and services, improve operational excellence, and increase workforce productivity. With PTC, and its partner ecosystem, manufacturers can capitalize on the promise of today’s new technology to drive digital transformation. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status
Apply now to be among the first few applicants.
- Early applicants have high chances of getting a callback from the recruiter. Insights will be displayed once we have enough data available.
Login or Register to view all insights like salary, skills etc of all applicants of this job. Login Register