At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize their dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuels us, and moments define us.
Based in Vancouver and reporting to the Director of Regional Public Affairs, you will be our eyes and ears in British Columbia, supporting our national and local business objectives. You will represent Corporate Communications at local management team tables, bringing forward creative and strategic solutions, while telling the Rogers story in BC across multiple platforms.
You are an organized, methodical, strategic problem-solver and critical thinker who can adapt quickly to evolving situations. You are also an independent worker who likes to build relationships with influencers and knows how to defend a reputation and sell a brand. You can confidently lead day-to-day internal and external communications in your region, working closely with the national team. Your writing skills are excellent, and you can distill complex concepts into easy-to-understand language. You are calm under pressure and have a proven track record of creating proactive media relations.
• Drive the company’s external reputation in B.C. with proactive media relations (media events, news releases, speaking remarks, social media)
• Act as a company spokesperson on key issues affecting the company’s business and reputation in the region
• Build and maintain well-established relations within the organization and with regional media, industry peers, and other partners to identify issues and opportunities
• Liaise with key influencers and shape the news agenda ensuring accurate and balanced editorial coverage on key issues
• Work with the wider communications team to identify and manage issues, develop statements, background briefs and talking points on a broad range of issues affecting the company
• Act as key strategic resource and communications leader in regional crisis scenarios
• Manage the implementation of regional leader communications program
• Drive regional employee culture by championing and implementing national and regional employee communications strategies
• Represent communications on key cross-functional teams and projects requiring issues or reputation management support
• Provide day-to-day advice and counsel to local leadership teams as a trusted advisor
• Liaise with internal stakeholders to leverage internal and external opportunities around regional sponsorships, corporate social responsibility and key company investments
• Bachelors or graduate degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, or related field
• 5-7 years of public affairs experience with a proven track record in media relations, employee communications and stakeholder relations
• Experience in telecommunications and media would be an asset
• Proven experience as a spokesperson in print and broadcast who can shape the news agenda
• Excellent writing, communication, research and presentation skills
• Quick, responsive and comfortable working in complex, deadline-driven environments
• Critical thinker who thinks big picture while also paying attention to detail
• Highly self-motivated
• Able to counsel/provide advice to senior leadership
• Ability to multitask managing numerous projects, issues, and stakeholders at once
• Exceptional relationship building skills
• Attention to detail and accuracy
• Valid driver’s license required as travel is required within region
*Willing to work evenings or weekends as needed
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.