The Purchasing Associate role provides support on end to end process of purchase order management and accountability on invoice resolution. He or she will have an extended support on preparation of supply chain/inventory reports and other ad hoc purchasing reporting.
• Prepare ad hoc supply chain inventory reports (production material, stock transfer) needed for given shift of US plants.
• Posting of Goods Receipts for Canada Plants: Bowmanville and Granford.
• Convert open production material PR (triggered by MRP or reorder point) into purchase order.
• Ensure purchase order is received by supplier and attach order acknowledgment/confirmation in SAP.
• Ensure timely entry of goods receipt within 24hr TAT period with prioritization to raw material orders.
• Attach proof of delivery/packing slip/bill of lading to GR document numbers generated.
• Create inbound delivery for Mexico Distribution Center (vendor Tompkins Industries), and Moberly Finished Goods (vendors Campbell Fittings Inc and GMB North America) per advanced shipment notification provided
• Assist Purchasing Buyers in acquiring PPM approvals for the invoice price discrepancies, other supplier data collection, inquiries and ad hoc activities.
• Monitor shipment and past due open POs with the supplier.
• Perform purchase to pay ad hoc tasks as required by Service Delivery Lead (SDL) or Team lead.
• Preparation of reports requested by P2P work stream stakeholders and management.
• Prepare supply chain inventory reports (US plants).
• Prepare the Monthly Local and Import Spend Report (South Africa)
• Prepare the Monthly Inventory Trends (Slovenia)
• Support additional activities under the direction of P2P work stream stakeholders and management
• Participate in future work migration, system user acceptance testing, and execute to planned implementation strategies as may be assigned.
• Responsible for delivering on personal Service Level Agreements, output performance metrics, related Key Performance Indicators, goals, and stated expectations.
• Accuracy and quality of reports submitted.
• Submit reports on expected due dates.
• Execute activities with the guidance of Continental Procurement policies and methodologies
• Knowledge of Any Procurement System
• Purchasing/ Supply Chain/ Inventory Management
• Bachelor’s degree with a major in business, supply chain, or engineering.
• Proficient in using Microsoft Office suite (preferably with intermediate skills in Excel)
• Fresh graduate with good scholastic record
• Project management/Process improvement experience in undergraduate studies is an advantage
• Work effectively in teams, including multi-disciplinary teams
• Shared Services operational experience is preferred
• Global experience is preferred.
BIG SIX CAPABILITIES
1. Vision – innovation
2. Entrepreneurship – Customer Orientation
3. Entrepreneurship – Quality Orientation
4. Execution – Problem Solving
5. Drive – Initiative
6. Drive – Passion and Commitment
7. Learning – Handling Feedback
8. Interaction – Fostering Teamwork
Division Footer Text
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
With sales of €40.5 billion in 2016, Continental is among the leading automotive suppliers worldwide and currently employs more than 230.000 employees in 56 countries. As a division in the Continental Corporation, ContiTech is one of the world's leading industrial specialists. Its customers can be found in key industries such as machine and plant engineering, mining, the agricultural industry, and the automotive industry. With around 46,000 employees in 44 countries, the company uses its development and material expertise for products and systems made of rubber, polyamide, metal, textile, and electronic components to combine these with individual services. ContiTech also offers functional and design-oriented living solutions and is always searching for customer-friendly and environmentally-friendly answers – going well and truly beyond its roots as a producer of rubber products. With sales of approximately €5.5 billion (2016), this international technology partner is active with core branches in Europe, Asia, North and South America.