Welcome to Blackshark.ai. We believe in creating value by providing powerful insights.
Blackshark.ai is creating a digital twin of planet earth powered by satellite data & artificial intelligence.
We are a team of 50+ data scientists, geospatial engineers, 3D rendering programmers and developers based in San Francisco, Seattle, US, and Graz, Austria, Europe's computer vision hub.
Our revolutionary platform is using Machine Learning to extract information from the surface of our planet by using satellite imagery and other relevant data. A patented reconstruction technology allows streaming and rendering of detected 3D features in unmatched visual quality containing material properties and other semantic features.
We have a culture being focused on individuals and their individual goals in order to create something bigger than ourselves.
Come and join Blackshark.ai and help us create the ultimate vision of a digital Planet Earth.
We are searching for a generalist programmer to contribute to server-side components of the 3D world reconstruction for our platform. In an agile software team, you will collaborate with experts from many domains to design the next generation 3D digital twin platform.
In particular, you will:
- Work within a highly motivated team to create high-performance and maintainable server-side code that runs in parallel on hundreds of nodes in the cloud
- Apply computer vision algorithms to extract information from satellite and aerial imagery to help recreate a digital twin of our planet
- Develop new software modules that help enhance the visual quality and authenticity of the digital twin's virtual world
- You have a degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience, and like to solve technical challenges independently
- You are familiar with databases such as PostgreSQL and have a strong practical knowledge of Python
- You are outcome-oriented, and keep the big picture in mind to proactively identify and solve issues
- You have good grasp of software engineering fundamentals: unit testing, CI/CD, automated quality assurance, integration testing, reliability, and reproducibility
- You like the challenge of integrating different data sources, developing large-scale APIs, distributed systems, and developing actionable metrics for observability
- You are a good communicator, enjoy working in a team and are quick on your feet
- Ideally, you have had some experience with Cloud services (such as AWS or Microsoft Azure) and containers (Docker)
Why join us?
*The remuneration for the position advertised above is fixed by Austrian collective agreement. The effective salary depends on qualification and experience and may be significantly higher.
- Cutting-edge projects with global Tier 1 reference customers in a wide range of industries.
- A straightforward mindset: focus on the goal, get things done, and keep cool.
- Friendly atmosphere, with amazing and passionate colleagues from all backgrounds and nationalities.
- Flat hierarchy, fast decisions, and agile work environment where your ideas and concepts are welcome.
- The opportunity to learn and develop in a team eager to drive innovation.
- A culture that values teamwork, expertise sharing and humility, and where all collaborate towards the same goal.
- Work-life balance and the flexibility to accommodate personal situations.
- HQ situated in Graz, Austria, a hidden gem with an extraordinary high quality of life, between the Mediterranean Sea and the Alps.
- A competitive salary based on experience and qualiﬁcations.*
Apply for this position
Apply for this position