We are looking for a dynamic Quality Test Engineer to develop, execute exploratory tests with focus on both frontend and backend to ensure product quality.
The tester is responsible for working with the development team and business users to perform QA testing based on documented business requirements. Applying a thorough understanding of SDLC and SQA methodology, the QA Tester creates and maintains test plans and scripts, and carries out hands on testing efforts both manually and using automated test tools to exercise software. The tester also creates and updates defect tracking logs and works with development teams and users to ensure that all defects are resolved.
- Assures quality within the software application by developing and implementing effective test plans, test cases and test scripts and by assuring the business logic is appropriate and maintained for the client.
- Participates in production implementation verification and accountable for validating particular enhancement(s).
- Establishes and maintains test environment, test data, and test tools.
- Plans, documents, evaluates and tracks program testing results to ensure proper operation and freedom from defects.
- Works with users, systems analysts, designers and programmers to create/analyze various required project documents.
- May participate in all phases of the test cycle, including Unit Testing, Integration/System Testing, Performance Testing, Load Testing, Regression Testing, User Acceptance Testing, etc.
- May be responsible for both manual and automated test tools/techniques
- Complies with the standards in the software life cycle and follows the strategies, plans and procedures.
- Provides customer support and maintains production software as needed.
- Reviews user documentation & training materials for accuracy.
- Communicates and interacts with appropriate groups on problems, changes, and enhancements that may impact data, workflow and / or functionality.
- Bachelors/Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Test Planning and Execution experience
- Experience working with Development, Business Partners, Production Support, and Change Management partners
- Experience in Agile SDLC
- Strong SQL Query writing Skills
- Test lead experience with onshore-offshore model
- Understanding of End to End Testing Cycles using Agile, Waterfall methodologies.
- Hands-on experience in driving the QA release cycle End to end, defect reporting
- Hands-on work experience in preparing Test plans, Test Scripts and RTM.
- Insurance Domain experience is a plus
- Excellent communication Skills and Presentation Skills.
- Demonstrated Analytical, Problem solving and Interpersonal Skills.
Posted 27 Days Ago
Duck Creek is a leading provider of comprehensive P&C insurance software and services for insurers of all sizes worldwide. Employing progressive technology, our solutions enable insurers to optimize outcomes and enhance engagement through advanced digital and data capabilities and integrated functionality that can be delivered via the cloud or on premise.