A vacancy for an Avionic Certification Qualification Engineer has arisen within Airbus Helicopters in Marignane.
The mission of the Certification/Qualification Engineer is to demonstrate compliance of Airbus Helicopters products to the applicable airworthiness requirements, to ensure their in-service safety. This results in a challenging transverse position, including negotiation internally but also with Aviation Authorities world-wide, with great responsibilities, and a good overview on our products, on our systems and on our organization.
Within the Airworthiness Office, the Initinial Airworthiness Department is responsible for leading the Certification and Qualification activities necessary to meet the development and deliveries milestones (new and retrofit) of the Super Puma, H175, H160, Dauphin, Light helicopters, H135, H145, Helionix and MRO programs.
These activities mainly cover:
• The initial Certification of our products,
• The Certification of further steps (domain extension, new variant, ...), and of Post-TC (after TC) design changes (including Technical Publications),
• The serial and prototype helicopters 'Permit to Fly',
• The initial as well as design change Foreign validation,
• The management of schedule and priorities for all these certification activities,
• The support to deliveries,
• The support to offers.
This position will require a security clearance or will require being eligible for clearance by the recognized authorities.
Task & accountabilities :
As part of Helionix Chief Airworthiness team, in direct contact with the Chief Engineer team, the different key contributors from the Design Office and Support Services, as well as with the Authorities (EASA, FAA, DGA...), the job holder main missions will be:
• Planning and piloting of Helionix Certification activities and reviews
• Risk identification and mitigation
• Managing priorities internally and with Authorities ( particularly with EASA Project Certification Manager),
• Follow-up and reporting on compliance demonstration activities progress, fixing hard points, and ensuring on time completion of the activities,
• Ensuring interface with change board management process.
• Identification and definition of the applicable Certification basis (airworthiness and OSD) and CRI,
• Definition of Certification logic, establishing corresponding Certification Program, with relevant support from the Airworthiness experts,
• Validating compliance demonstrations proposed by the design office
• Leading the helicopter level certification activities: consolidating the results of the compliance demonstration and declaring compliance at helicopter level to support their delivery,
• Establishing Flight Conditions Approval files,
• Approving design changes under DOA privilege ,
• Supporting, or leading as necessary, foreign validation approval according to delivery export need.
This role will involve some travel for business in Europe and as such you must be able to travel accordingly.
Required skills :
You will have the following skills and experience:
• Educated to a 5 years’ degree level (or equivalent) in Engineering or a related discipline.
• Knowledges in certification/Qualification are a must.
• At least 3 years of experience in avionics and/or System Engineering (ARP4754, DO297, DO178-B, DO254).
• Experienced in project management would be plus.
• Knowledge in airworthiness would be a plus.
• Negotiation level of English.