You are a leader and a pioneer. You want to be on the cutting edge of innovation, writing and publishing code for software that will benefit others.
You are a builder. You’re smart and gets things done. You’re passionate about coding, and problem solving. It’s more than just a hobby, it’s a passion. You want your time and effort to go to a meaningful cause you can believe in.
We Know Training is looking for a full-time Quality Assurance Developer to join our Technology team. An ambitious and talented individual looking for their next full-time gig. The successful candidate will design and develop an automated test suite, participate in product development and planning process, validate implemented features and create test plans that safeguard the quality and reliability of the platform that has a huge impact in the world of regulated and credentialed training.
If that sounds like your thing, apply now. Please include a brief cover letter with your resume.
Quality Assurance Developer
- Work with Product Managers, developers, and Executives to design and test integrations and features that enable smooth operations of our business and provide value to our clients
- Design, document, and implement test strategies to ensure broad functional test coverage
- Support all test activities including developing, enhancing, and executing automated and manual test scripts and identifying and reporting software discrepancies and defects
- Determine and recommend when to utilize manual testing and when to utilize automation
- Work with Product Managers, Software Developers, and other team members to understand and determine test requirements for automation
- Implement QA test automation frameworks and create and automate test cases
- Ensure test cases are articulated effectively to enable swift execution by other members of the QA team
- Help shape the future of We Know Training’s software platforms, with an emphasis on user experience
- Understand and interact with your users and target market to better design and build a system that will provide them with what they need
- Work with a great team to create robust scalable architecture
- Investigate, debug, and test platform issues
- Liaise with sales & support teams around more complicated platform issues.
- Manage regression test schedule
- Minimum 3 years of professional QA experience is ideal, but if you consider yourself and QA than this role is for you
- Post-secondary education in information technology, computer science, or a related field is an asset
- Previous experience writing and executing automated and manual test
- Experience with an automated test suite including recommendations and setup
- ex: Selenium, Xray, QTP, 21, Loadrunner,etc.
- Strong communication skills, and ability to explain technical concepts to a range of individuals (from developers to clients)
- Interest and integrity to work as part of an Agile team based in Edmonton
- Self-motivated and able to work with little oversight
Good To Haves
- Understanding of the Ruby-on-Rails framework is an asset
- Knowledge and experience with PostgreSQL is an asset
- Experience with GraphQL is an asset
Why We Know Training
We Know Training is a full-service, go-to provider of credentialed online training. We offer everything needed to build, deliver, and distribute online training in regulated and public-serving industries. We are fast-moving and growth-oriented company, with an aggressive 10-year outlook. Your teammates here will be creative, smart, and curious, and your career trajectory here will have almost limitless growth potential.
- 100% company-funded medical and dental benefits
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible working hours
- Flexible paid time off program
- Casual dress environment
- Fun company culture
- Subsidized bus passes
- Growth potential