CBRE Global Workplace Solutions is a leading global provider of integrated facilities and corporate real estate management. We are recruiting an experienced Quality Assurance and Compliance Specialist to join our Data Centre Solutions team.
The primary purpose of the DC QA and Compliance Specialist is to assist in developing, creating and implementing Critical Environment auditing processes and driving a quality and compliance culture within the CE teams on Campus. The DC QA and Compliance Specialist will work as part of the wider operational team across the Dublin Campus to ensure all CBRE Critical Environment staff fully comply with all CBRE and client owned processes and procedures. The DC QA and Compliance Specialist is responsible to drive compliance standards within all CE teams on the Campus while working with the client to ensure the sites are always audit ready.
- Be the main point of contact for the client on all Critical Environment related Compliance activities.
- Lead and complete investigations for all CBRE CE issues of non-compliance, work with the site teams to define and address all issues of non-compliance.
- Assist in developing and implementing group operating guidelines, ensuring CBRE operates in line with its contractual agreements including the education of key stakeholders within CE operations on Campus.
- Work with all sites in preparation of audit events carrying out pre-audits to ensure readiness at all times.
- Liaise with the client on any of their documentation relating to CE operations that requires updating.
- Complete knowledge assessments across campus in line with the main CE scope of works (SOW) requirements to ensure SLA’s are achieved at all times.
- Track all matrix related SLA’s to report to CBRE management for Monthly and Quarterly Business Reviews
- Create Highlights/Lowlights reports and distribute across campus to CE teams for awareness.
- Be a member of the Campus Compliance Champions Team whose objective is to promote compliance across all Dublin sites in all disciplines.
- Provide support, information and assistance to CBRE teams for all changes that are rolled out on the contract that impact processes, procedures & contract compliance.
- Track all new or updated procedures released by Client. Work with CEQA team to ensure a consistent implementation structure is followed.
- Evaluate new and emerging requirements and ensure their incorporation into internal compliance standards, policies and procedures as required.
- Working with the Campus QHSE manager, ensure the CBRE staff on the Campus adhere to all quality, health & safety, and environmental policies within the CE domain at all times while on site.
- Provide support to Training supervisor to ensure all staff are adequately trained in line with the CBRE (and client) requirements, internal guidelines and annual training objectives set out by CBRE.
- Minimum of 2+ years’ experience working in a Compliance function in a Critical environment
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage with a diverse range of individuals across all levels of the organization.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Computer literate with the ability to compile and submit monthly and quarterly reports.
- Proficient in MS Office Products like Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint. To monitor and trend operational data.
- The ability to learn quickly and to gain maximum benefit from extensive training and development programs aimed at ensuring that any identified knowledge or experience deficiencies are addressed in the short term.
- Organized, able to effectively prioritize and deliver within a dynamic and high pressure, business critical environments.
- Self-motivated, with ability to work on own initiative.
- Excellent time management, organization and communication skills
- A comprehensive knowledge of ISO 50001 and an understanding of ISO 9001, ISO 27001 and complementary EN Standards.
- A knowledge of the requirements of the EU Code of Conduct on Data Centre Energy Efficiency.
- Proven experience in Leading Audits.
- An understanding of Corporate Power Purchase Agreements (CPPA) and Renewable Energy Guarantees of Origin (GOO) in the Energy Market.
- Willingness to work outside of normal hours to resolve technical issues in a 24/7 industry.
As one of CBRE’s core global businesses, Global Workplace Solutions (GWS) provides end-to-end services to occupier clients across the entire lifecycle of a building. Our teams help companies improve their operations and reduce costs, through expert facilities management, project management, real estate and energy and sustainability services. Our dedicated teams work across all industries, and support clients ranging from global Fortune 500 companies to single, iconic buildings.
Please note: the job title shown above may be different to local job titles used in our business and issued on any contract of employment