Career Opportunity – Quality Coordinator – Industrial
Graham is a growing, dynamic and innovative construction solutions provider with history of success dating back to 1926. As an employee-owned company, you’ll be able to capitalize on our collective success by becoming an owner yourself. You’ll also be able to take advantage of professional development, learning and growth opportunities, while working on exciting, leading-edge projects.
We rank among Canada’s largest construction companies, are a Platinum Member of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies and are seeking top tier talent to further strengthen our capabilities. We provide a collaborative and caring culture and the necessary tools and support for you to succeed, both personally and professionally. If you’re eager to work on innovative projects, be part of a great team and become an employee-owner, Graham is the place for you.
As a member of our Industrial group, you will provide insight and innovative construction solutions to ensure the successful execution of various industrial projects and conventional and alternative power generation like wind farms and district energy facilities.
About The Role
Reporting to the Quality Manager, the Quality Coordinator is responsible for providing assistance and support to senior project staff (Project Managers, Superintendents, etc.) in the coordination, reporting, and Quality functions of a project. This is a task-based role that works with the core elements of construction projects and the tools and processes of quality management systems.
The majority of work is completed on job sites in an office trailer or existing on-site structure. Due to daily condition changes on construction projects, when employees are outside of the office trailer or structure, they must wear appropriate personal protective equipment as required by the company's safety policies and as required for weather conditions.
Candidates must be available work on schedule rotations at remote Industrial sites in Alberta, British Columbia, Saskatchewan & Manitoba.
- Assist in conducting pre-install meeting with subcontractors and suppliers prior to the start of a new item of work
- Ensure implementation of the Project Specific Quality Plan (PSQP) on project site by all project stakeholders
- Ensure the implementation and regular updating of the Inspection and Test Plan(s) (ITP)
- Conduct site inspections to self-performed scopes of work
- Review Quality related documents submitted by subcontractors
- Conduct random field verification on subcontractor’s quality control activities
- Participate in conducting field inspection and testing by third party laboratories / consultants
- Assist in managing and tracking the implementation of the Deficiency Management Process (i.e. initiating Field Surveillance Reports (FSR), Corrective Action Report (CAR), and Non-Conformance Reports (NCR)
- Assist in reviewing Field Surveillance Reports (FSR), Corrective Action Report (CAR), and Non-Conformance Reports (NCR) based on frequency and severity of occurrence and findings
- Conduct quality orientation of new workers on project site
- Obtain and provide written documentation for all clarifications and instructions
- Monitor deficiencies brought about by clients, consultants, and / or third-party site observations / inspections
- Ensure that Quality Key Performance Indicator (KPI) data for the project is documented.
Planning and Process
- Ensure that Project Quality Risk Assessment (PQRA) is conducted for the project upon awarding of project contract, and participate in the process
- Assist in developing a Project Specific Quality Plan (PSQP)
- Assist in developing the initial Project Specific Inspection and Test Plan (ITP) with coordination from team members
- Assist in identifying quality inspection forms applicable to the project scope of work during the ITP process
- Ensure risks identified in the Tender Quality Risk Assessment (TQA) and Project Quality Risk Assessment (PQRA) have been incorporated in the ITP
- Assist in conducting preconstruction start-up meetings with subtrades and suppliers to inform them of the project quality requirements
- Assist in developing a training plan for workers on site detailing the requirements of the PSQP
- Request quality plans and inspection forms from subcontractors and suppliers.
Education, Experience and Knowledge
- Minimum High School Diploma; Journeyman Trade Certification or Degree in Engineering or a related field is preferred
- Minimum 1 year of experience in a Project Quality Coordinator role or similar
- General knowledge of and increasing familiarity with the core elements of a construction project, including systems, practices, and processes of quality management system
- Good presentation skills and verbal / written communication skills
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite
- Proficiency using scheduling and project management software
What we can offer you:
- Strong commitment to safety in the workplace
- Grounded and family-oriented workplace in a progressive environment that is at the forefront of a fast evolving business sector
- Commitment to the training and wealth of opportunities for career development across job categories, project types and locations around North America
Graham is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Graham does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by country, regional or local law.
We're Building careers, not filling jobs.
View available job opportunities and submit your application online at [...] will only be accepted as online submissions through the Graham website.
Please, no unsolicited resumes or phone inquiries from agencies, thank you.
Graham Management Services LP
10840 27th Street SE
Calgary, AB T2Z 3R6
Job Code: BH-20-024