Job ID: 250160
Work Type: Regular
It is a great time to join the CRH Canada team! CRH Canada is going through an exciting business transformation which demands first-class Talent Management support to drive results.
We are building a world- class team. Make your mark!
You will be a successful addition to our team if you look at change as an opportunity to develop and contribute to the business. You will be successful in your role if you like partnering with the business, presenting new ideas and providing excellent customer service.
Mosaic Transit Constructors (Mosaic) - a consortium comprised of Aecon, Dragados, and Dufferin – is partnering with Metrolinx and Infrastructure Ontario to design, build and maintain the transformative Finch West Light Rail Transit (LRT) system in the City of Toronto.
Position: Electrical / Systems Quality Coordinator
Reports to: Construction Quality Manager
• Understand Occupational Health and Safety standards, performance objectives & targets.
• Responsible for inspection and testing requirements as set out in the Construction Quality Management Plan (CQMP).
• Working knowledge of inspection and testing requirements, including commissioning activities required for supply and installation of electrical components including, but not limited to: transformers, cabinets, power supplies, duct banks, utility structures, cables, communication devices etc. Heavy civil construction working knowledge an asset.
• Ability to thoroughly understand the construction, inspection and testing requirements as set out in the CQMP.
• Review and define the project scope and ensure compliance with contract specifications during the execution and closing phases.
• Create and review Inspection Test Plans relevant to track construction activities and applicable specifications and standards.
• Initiate, distribute and oversee implementation of Inspection, Test Plans (ITPs)
• Review technical documents and field reports
• Monitor construction processes to minimizing potential risks.
• Identify and report non-conformances.
• Involved in development of corrective action strategies.
• Supervise and coordinate Quality Assurance testing personnel and resources.
• Monitor workmanship and materials for conformance to contract requirements specific to electrical and systems components.
• Coordinate and monitor inputs from other professionals; Quality Verification Engineers, Consultants, Designers, Subcontractors.
• Liaison between client, external stakeholders and Mosaic Transit Group.
• Provide guidance to ensure efficiency, quality, service, and cost-effective management of resources.
• Understand and operate in accordance with company programs, policies and legislative requirements to ensure that environmental standards and performance objective targets are met.
• Electrical Engineering Degree or Electrical Engineering Technologist/Technician Diploma or related work experience
• 5 years of experience on construction projects with related to electrical work
• Proficient in MS Office Applications and MS Outlook
• Tech-savvy – On site communication and information input using a tablet
• Knowledge of current construction industry practices, specifications and regulations typically obtained through relevant education and experience.
Working Conditions/ Physical Effort:
• Demonstrate and foster a sense of urgency and strong commitment to achieving goals
• Effectively examines events, issues and problems to generate optimal solutions in a timely manner
• Focused on details, highly organized and works effectively with shifting priorities and rapid change
• Working from a construction site office
• Daily exposure to construction environment i.e. heavy equipment, live traffic and inclement weather
• Travel to/from/within jobsite(s)
• Flexibility to work nights, overtime and weekends
• Must have a valid G Driver’s license in good standing
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package in a fast-paced work environment. We are looking for innovative, forward-thinking people who enjoy challenges and want to work on leading-edge infrastructure projects.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Visit our website for more information: http://www.crhcanada.com
CRH Canada Group Inc. recognizes Canada’s diverse landscape. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process.