At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
The R&D Product Development Engineer will report to the Engineering manager Solar Energy and will be a member of the NPD team and responsible for NPD, VA/VE and sustaining engineering activity. The role will be to execute deliverables under TE Energy’s product lines mainly connectors and fittings used in LV & MV applications
• Review product requirement documents and prepare technical spec for product
• Designing TE Energy products for LV & MV applications using metallic and polymeric materials
• 3D CAD design using Creo/Pro-E & 2D CAD design
• Product Data management of BOMs, routings etc.
• Assist Energy’s global engineering teams with New Product Developments across a range of projects and executing on cost optimization/reduction (VA/VE) opportunities for the business
• Operating 3D scanning & 3D printing equipment
• Preparing overall project plan, design verification test plans, FMEAs.
• Recording results of design reviews and design decision meetings and report writing
• Successfully facilitate transfer and support of new product introduction (NPI) into high volume manufacturing.
• Design of jigs & fixtures for product testing where required.
• Support product compliance and approvals for all new products and platforms as required by our customers.
• Be a strong technical partner and provide support to Product management teams. Attend/support customer meetings, technology days and site visits as required.
• Mechanical Engineering Degree
• 5 – 8 years engineering related experience for Energy market applications including experience in design & development of products used in Solar sector, like MC4 connectors will be added advantage
• Organized, methodical and self-motivated individual with the ability to work under minimal supervision, on own initiative and meet own commitments is essential.
• Experience of Agile product development process will be added advantage
• 3D CAD design. Experience with Pro-E 3D design essential.
• Experience on with product design of connector products used in high-voltage power networks, mainly in utility sector (essential)
• Knowledge in product design of plastic/rubber component.
• Good understanding on product development methodology.
• Experience in 3D scanning, 3D printing an advantage
• Experience in reverse engineering an advantage
• LDFSS or DMAIC 6-sigma black or green belt an advantage
• Experience in SAP product data management environment
• Familiarity with ANSI, UL, IEEE, IEC connector specifications an advantage
• Knowledge in quality tools (DFMEA, 6sigma, DoE, 8D, etc) will be a plus.
• Basic knowledge in metrology measurements.
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn , Facebook , WeChat and Twitter .
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.