Extendicare is a leading provider of care and services for seniors throughout Canada. Through our network of over 115 operated senior care and living centres, as well as our home health care operations, we are committed to delivering care throughout the health care continuum to meet the needs of a growing seniors’ population in Canada. Our qualified and highly trained workforce of 23,700 individuals are united by a dedication to quality care and by our vision of being the best provider of senior care and services in Canada.
Candidates are invited to apply for the part-time (72 hours biweekly) position of RAI-MDS Co-Ordinator at Extendicare Michener Hill, 220-bed Long-Term Care, 60-bed Supportive Living home, located in Red Deer, Alberta.
Reporting to the Administrator this position will assist with meeting RAI-MDS timelines and teaching staff about the requirements for data collection and reporting guidelines that support the Home’s funding.
- Coordinates the completion of MDS assessment on all residents within established timelines.
- Understands how the MDS assessment integrates with existing clinical tools and provides leadership in streamlining these processes.
- Understands and provides critical analysis of data at different levels of aggregation. (Resident, Home Health Zone, etc.).
- Articulates for staff the strengths of MDS as a clinical assessment tool including how RAP triggers and care plans enhance quality care.
- Articulates the financial implications of coding inconsistencies.
- Acts as key contact and liaison with: Health Zone/AH&W/CIHI/PCC or others as appropriate on RAI data.
- Develops facility specific material within the PCC program as required.
- Locks/Unlocks the RAI individual assessments as required.
- Batches and submits assessments quarterly to appropriate data repository.
- Responds to Health Zone on all submission errors.
- Facilitates response and correction of submission errors with facility staff.
- Coaches key facility personnel to build capacity for understanding RUG patient classification levels.
- Develops and introduces processes, and systems to improve accuracy of RAI content.
- Facilitates audits of RAI assessments for content accuracy.
- Develops systems to decrease coding error rates.
- Participates in strategic planning for program development/improvement.
- Keeps current on RAI trends.
- Responsible for Clinical and Admin Setup role to support MDS within PCC software program.
- Interprets reports generated by Health Zone/AH&W or CIHI and provides critical analysis for Home.
- Understands the development of RAP’s, quality indicators, and RUG case mix products.
- 3-5 years experience in Long Term Care, experience with MDS an asset
- Currently registered and a member in good standing with CLPNA or CARNA
- Strong analytical and assessment skills
- Ability to lead training and education with Adult learners
- Knowledge of: InterRAI suite of tools, MDS/RUG III patient classification systems.
- Working Knowledge of: Project Management Principles, Industry Knowledge, Principles of Adult Education, Facilitation, Problem Solving, Continuous Quality Improvement Principles, Data Analysis, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Ability to read, write and communicate effectively.
Interested applicants may forward their resume to: