Care to join us?
If you are a caring and skilled individual who enjoys working with seniors, we want to hear from you!
We are looking for a full-time Recreation Worker to work at our 46-bed complex care senior living community, Monashee Mews, located in Lumby, BC.
Why work for Vantage Living?
- 100% Employer funded benefit plan available for full and part-time staff who work more than 20 hours/week.
- Flexible schedules to support work-life balance.
- Locally owned and operated.
- Beautiful, modern communities.
- A fun and vibrant company culture.
- Delivers an array of planned, spontaneous, social or general recreational programs;
- Facilitates group activities for clients with differing abilities, interests, needs and preferences;
- Provides direction, support and assistance to volunteers during activity programs and familiarizes volunteers with related activity techniques;
- Supports the interdisciplinary team members as required (such as Music Coordinator, Rehab Workers, Care Teams, etc.);
- Assists to maintain an inventory of activity equipment and resources and reports any deficiencies to the Community Administrator and/or Program Manager as needed or required;
- Maintains recreation areas, storage cupboards and outdoor spaces in an organized and tidy manner; and
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To Be Considered:
- Certificate or Diploma from a recognized Recreation program or equivalent education & experience with seniors;
- Experience working with seniors with moderate to severe dementia;
- Physical and mental capacity to carry out the duties of the position;
- Excellent interpersonal & conflict resolution skills;
- Mature, professional and tactful demeanour; and
- Current Food Safe certificate Level 1 – Basic (or equivalent).
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.