Computershare (ASX: CPU)
Computershare is a leading global financial services company founded in Australia. We employ over 12,000 people across 90 offices around the world. Globally, we provide services in over 21 countries to more than 16,000 clients and their 75 million customers.
The major focus of Regional Director, Plans Operations – Asia Pacific role will be to review current operations, implement efficiencies, ensure strict adherence to controls, establish operational KPIs and ensure best practice operational processes are in place for Computershare Plan Managers (CPM).
The scope of this covers the majority of CPM Asia business lines including; Implementation, Client Service Delivery, Financial Reporting and Trustee processing. The initial focus on this role will be supporting the implementation of new platform and establishing operational processes in line with global best practice, and execution of alternative staff location strategy to provide regional support (including Australia).
This is a senior and highly strategic people leadership role where the right individual has a great opportunity to add value to Computershare in a senior leadership role across the Asia region and beyond.
The area of responsibility for this role is very wide and thus requires thorough knowledge of various company processes. The ideal candidate must be able to plan many different kinds of operational activities. The candidate must be an excellent leader who can, using previous experience in operational leadership roles, discover the most efficient ways to run the business.
The goal is to safeguard and augment the efficiency of the company’s operations to facilitate accelerating development and long-term success.
Core Job Responsibilities
1. Recurring operations
- Manage service delivery
- Collaborates internally and externally to ensure the successful day to day delivery of all activities and services carried out by their department.
- Delivery of effective, efficient and fully compliant operational services to external clients to meet agreed service levels.
- Refine operational processes around existing service offerings.
- Work with Team Leaders to plan and monitor the day-to-day running of business to ensure on time, accurate service delivery
- Revise, formulate procedures and establish process to ensure smooth new client implementation
- Strategy and Continuous improvements
- Establish, monitor and continuously improve operational KPIs across business
- Contributes to continuous service improvements, business growth and cost efficiencies through the development of new or more efficient processes and procedures, products and technology, risk mitigation and quality control initiatives, and other opportunities.
- Continuously evolve the department’s operating model in alignment with the company’s overall target operating model and provide transparency to business stakeholders though open and proactive communication.
- Partners with internal and external stakeholders to define best practises, new or changing business needs and ensures clients are effectively and efficiently serviced.
- Keeps abreast of industry trends and adapts these to Computershare’s policies, processes and procedures.
- Risk and compliance management
- Lead the annual ISAE 3402 certification process by working closely with internal /external auditors and operational delivery teams to ensure that there are no exceptions to the controls tested
- Ensure that the company runs with legality and conformity to established regulations
- Create and effectively manage governance, systems, processes and procedures with appropriate controls in place to minimise risks which could cause significant regulatory, financial or reputational damage.
2. Project based initiatives
- Develop and execute location strategy with a balance between Asia jurisdictional and global alignment requirements
- Establish procedures for new products and offering.
- Develop projects / business improvement initiatives that will; continually improve standards of service delivery, business unit efficiency, lower risk, increase competitive position
- Deliver initiatives in line with business strategy to deliver required cost or regulatory compliance requirements.
- Migrate/Implement new platforms and implement associated operational processes and related documentation.
3. Leadership and Development
- Coach Team Leaders in regard to operational decisions and strategies around monitoring, balancing and allocating workload across all resources
- Defines strategies and processes to enhance and promote the ongoing development of staff, creating a culture of learning and sharing that supports innovation and continuous improvement across the business.
- Liaising with MD and Team Leaders to make decisions in relation to operational activities and setting strategic goals
- Lead the function through strong people and financial leadership to ensure people are inspired and financial targets are achieved.
- Lead the organization’s standards on customer outcomes by giving appropriate direction and establishing robust governance and oversight.
4. Commercial and Financial Management
- Oversees all financial accountabilities for operational cost for the department and ensure billing accuracy for services rendered and cost containment.
- Establishes unit standards to meet key performance and financial objectives, as well as customer expectations.
- Develops and implements methodologies, metrics, procedures, and reporting protocol that maximize efficiencies and minimize costs in support of P&L targets.
- Proven experience as Head of Operations, Senior Operations Executive, or equivalent position, preferably within financial services or a highly-regulated environment.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in Operations Management.
- Excellent organizational and leadership abilities, experience virtually leading and managing specialist teams across multiple regions.
- Experience working with various software development and project methodologies to achieve change.
- Outstanding communication and people skills, across all mediums.
- Exceptional professionalism and gravitas in dealings with clients and key industry and market contacts.
- Proven risk awareness, ensuring compliance to procedures and regulatory requirements, development of process to minimize risk.
- Knowledge of share markets a plus.
- In depth knowledge of diverse business functions and principles (e.g. supply chain, finance, customer service etc.)
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics.
- Fluency in English. Beneficial to have fluency in spoken Mandarin and Cantonese and written Chinese.
Diversity and Inclusion
Computershare sees diversity as a source of strength. The more different perspectives we have, the better equipped we’ll be to meet the demands of our diverse global customer base.
We want every person who joins our team, every customer and every supplier to feel welcome. We believe in equality for everyone, regardless of age, ethnicity, gender identity, race, religion, disability or sexual orientation. That applies throughout our company, around the world with no exceptions, regardless of differences.
We hire, develop, reward, promote and retain people purely on the basis of their talents, commitment, potential and the results they achieve. For more details about our Diversity and Inclusion Policy, please go to our company website at https://www.computershare.com/hk/en/individuals/careers/life-at-computershare