About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Programme Portfolio Management
- Accountable executive to run Asia T&I Programme Management Office, proactively monitoring all critical aspects of the main IT projects to enable the stakeholders, including Regional CIO, Group T&I MT and Asia MT, to have a consistent and transparent and accurate view of their status and their probable trajectory
- Primary responsibility for planning, execution and delivery of key initiatives in Asia T&I. Planned key initiatives includes;
- Programme Keystone (Core Banking Refresh) – Implementation of ATLAS, a modernized platform of eBBS, as the future core banking platform for Hong Kong, Taiwan and Korea. Highly complex and strategically significant multi-year project with PED value of $303m
- Programme North (Hong Kong Stability Improvement Programme) – Regulatory driven project to reinforce technology stability for critical services in Hong Kong via delivering dedicated instance with a ring-fenced architecture and new operating model (significantly scale up dedicated resources for HK from 41 to 265 by end 2021)
- Programme Zeus (Hong Kong Data Centre migration) – High profile and large scale programme to address several time-bound operational risks and issues related to our aging data centres in Hong Kong (JUMBO and MEGA). Plan is to migrate applications into Cloud (AWS and Azure) as part of our Cloud First strategy and to build new DC capabilities in Singapore and Hong Kong
- Setting up GBA Customer Solution Centre for Technology Hub – GCNA focused team will be set up in GBA for better system support with Chinese speaking resources & location proximity
- Provide the executives of the bank with useful, accurate and timely views and analysis of the planned and current IT investments
- Central point of contact for portfolio control and governance for the top investment projects in Asia T&I
- Partner closely with regional and bank’s leadership and key stakeholder of each programme
- To build, manage and motivate high-performing project teams
- Manage the programme governance framework and be responsible for its effectiveness in providing oversight and direction.
- Responsible to implement and maintain the required project and programme management standards as defined by Group policy
- Enforce high standards of quality, accuracy and consistency in all project and programme deliverables
- Provide leadership to the PMO teams for key initiatives in Asia T&I
- Manage risk exposure across multiple projects through the identification and management of key project risks to ensure the delivery of business goals
- Provide thought leadership and solutions to complex challenges at the project or program levels (e.g., prioritization of business requirements if faced with budget/time constraints, trade-offs of resource allocation across projects). Bring structure to sometimes ambiguous targets/purposes and craft project to bring practical resolutions
Business Case Development
- Analyze bank and regional strategies into execution-ready projects or initiatives, then drive cross-functional execution teams to deliver objectives
- Reviewing progress of Group Technology service improvement initiatives for the country/region, escalating and contributing ideas as appropriate
- Ensure adequate capacity plan is in place to meet business growth and transformative projects
- Work with relevant stakeholders to enhance client experience via changes and introduction of new technologies and innovation
- Build valued relationships with key stakeholders for generating new business opportunities
- Proactively drive project initiation from the IT roadmap
People and Talent
- Cultivate a culture of openness and transparency to increase the likelihood of project success
- Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values. Sets appropriate tone and expectations for their team and work in collaboration with risk and control partners.
- Employ, engage and retain high quality (skill and experienced) people to deliver its obligations.
- Ensure the provision of ongoing training and development; ensure that direct reports are suitably skilled and qualified for their roles and that they have effective supervision in place to mitigate any risks.
- Set and monitor job descriptions and objectives for direct reports and provide feedback and rewards in line with their performance against those responsibilities and objectives.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Regional CIO
- Asia MT
- Country CIOs in Asia
- Country CEOs and Business Heads in Asia
- T&I Management Team
- Group Technology
- Group Systems Development – on roadmap, new initiatives & project status, local implementations
- Group Technology Finance
- Group Technology Project Management Office
- Industry partners, Banking Associations, etc.
- Relevant banking associations
- Local software and hardware vendors
- Local regulators and other government departments/officials
Our Ideal Candidate
- Proven experience in a senior leadership role in program management or portfolio management
- Proven experience in a senior technical leadership role in either a business segment or functional CIO role
- Proven relationship management skills with the ability to finesse relationships at the Regional MT and Country CEO level
- Deep knowledge of the Standard Chartered network, joining the dots between business and tech strategy and delivery in region
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages. We welcome conversations on flexible working.