The Regional Health & Safety Manager will be responsible for a sub-region or cluster of our Transportation Facilities in Germany, achieving objectives in ensuring a safe and healthful working environment by identifying risks and unsafe practices, leading continuous improvement initiatives, and leading the EHS Teams and Managers of each facility.
By leveraging Lean Principles, Safety Policies, 5S Standards, Root Cause Analysis And Management Systems participating in and overseeing legal compliance and fire safgety, and seeking to improve ergonomics and error-proof our processes to reduce risks, this position will assist Amazon in reaching our injury prevention and global regulatory compliance goals.
This role reports to the Regional DE EHS Leader and will be based in one of our Sortation Centers in Germany or in a virtual posistion (home office)
As this is a DE based position, fluent German language knowledge is required.
· Oversee DE safety performance metrics reporting and communication related to 3rd Party Facilities
· Assist general management in communication, training, and execution of the Safety & Environmental Programs throughout the German sortation network
· Ensure compliance to German law as it applies to Life Safety for all facilities
· Review the DE Safety Policies and revise as needed based on known risks and improvement opportunities identified through safety best practices
· Perform regular gap analysis to best justify funds for site safety improvements and react to Associate feedback
· Ensure compliance to Safety programs such as Lockout Tagout, Fall Protection, Fire Prevention, Emergency Procedures and Evacuation and other such programs for each SC
· Develop and implement training programs to meet the needs of Managers and Associates in regards to critical safety issues
· Develop and maintain ergonomics programs where needed
· Analyze accident data and build prevention programs to impact accident trends
· Build management and employee commitment for a Safety program through influence not authority
· Review Standard Operating Procedure changes and make Safety recommendations
· Conduct Job Hazard Analysis and Job Safety Analysis together with the 3rd party company.
· Manage consistent and disciplined incident investigation and reporting
· Weekly metrics reporting to management teams
· Applying Lean tools to Safety: error-proof processes, analyze Safety trends and create proactive plans to address key risks, use Pareto analysis and other tools to monitor and drive high-effectiveness Safety programs