At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
The Red Hat Sales team is looking for a Regional Manager for the Enterprise Solutions Architecture team to join us in New Delhi, Mumbai, or Bangalore, India. In this role, you will be a key member of the Sales and Services teams, providing leadership and guidance to technical pre-sales experts who are responsible for positioning Red Hat solutions and services to our customers and partners. You’ll work with Sales management, Consulting, Marketing, Engineering, and Support teams to meet company outlined sales objectives. Your focus will be aligned to the enterprise business across India and the South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC). If you're looking for large market opportunities and a fresh challenge in the solutions architecture space, you’re our ideal candidate.
- Lead the Enterprise Solutions Architecture team in supporting our Inside Sales and Field Sales teams
- Collaborate with alliance management on partner engagement strategies
- Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of our portfolio and support our salesforce by translating the capabilities of Red Hat solutions into business value propositions
- Select, recruit, develop, and evaluate personnel
- Manage the response process for requests for information (RFIs) and proposal (RFPs)
- Provide and oversee pre-sales technical support in remote sales presentations and product demonstrations
- Work with marketing and product managers to provide feedback on Red Hat solutions and technologies
- Work closely with sales team to guide adoption of Red Hat technologies and higher subscription sales
- Understand customer business processes and applications and how Red Hat open source solutions support and enhance their operation
- Provide innovative thinking within Red Hat and for partners and customers in the application and design of Red Hat open source solutions
- Manage and guide field enablement and development for presales solutions architects
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline or solid technical foundation
- 10+ years of experience in infrastructure or datacenter architecture and technology deployment and management
- 3+ years of people management experience, with a successful track record in building, developing, and leading top performing teams; record of managing presales engineering teams is a plus
- Comfortable with solution selling process in enterprise software market
- Demonstrated success in a technical presales role supporting senior sales executives
- Track record of developing relationships at engineering, commercial, and executive levels throughout organizations
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, presentation, and customer-facing skills
- Experience with technical consulting and selling up to C-level executives
- Ability to work remotely and in the field, with excellent time management skills
- Sales-minded, with excellent customer and business skills
- Solid leadership and management skills to motivate a team, recruit, and develop team members
- Extensive technical background in one of Red Hat's portfolio technologies
- Good understanding of industry trends and potential future directions
- Willingness to travel up to 50%
- Project experience in virtualization, consolidation, and cloud computing discipline is an advantage
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.