Come join the team at Open Farm, one of the fastest growing CPG companies in North America. Open Farm is a mission based company, focused on delivering premium, healthy food and treats for pets, all ethically sourced from farm-to-bowl. We believe the best foods are made with consciously sourced, top quality ingredients from farmers and fisheries doing things the right way.
We are looking for a highly motivated, enthusiastic and entrepreneurial person to lead our Canadian territory management team. The right candidate will be passionate about building and leading teams, the natural food space, pets (of course), and the challenge of aggressively growing a business in a competitive industry.
What you will do:
- Lead the development and tactical execution of a strategy to drive rapid sales growth across the region
- Lead the development, management and performance of a team of territory sales managers
- Play a lead role in managing distributor and key account relationships
- Establish, develop and maintain relationships with prospective and existing customers to introduce them to Open Farm products and support them in driving velocity in-store (through territory managers and direct relationships)
- Be a driving force in telling the Open Farm story, through in-store, video and phone trainings, to educate retailers and distributors on the features, benefits and unique selling proposition of our products
- Manage trade spend and marketing budget
- Manage expense report process for territory managers
- Regularly support prospective and existing customers for ongoing sales and support
- Liaise with the sales representatives of our distributors to establish and service accounts
- Provide ongoing support and assistance to our distributor sales representatives
- Assist retailers with merchandising, purchasing and replenishment planning
- Participate in trade shows, conventions and retail demo events
- Lead in-store demonstration programs in your region
- Other activities as assigned by Open Farm from time to time
- Significant travel will be required to both manage and drive market share
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or a related field, or equivalent experience required
- CPG experience preferred
- Operations and sales leadership experience required, preferably within a geographically dispersed area covering multiple states
- Ability to travel up to 70%
- Strong business acumen with the ability to learn a new, complex business
- Superior communication with strong active listening skills
- Ability to lead, achieve results, assemble high performing teams and lead change management
- Preferred location would be on the east coast of the Canada
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The opportunity to grow, develop and make an impact with a dynamic company
- Competitive salary and vacation
- Headquartered in Toronto with team members across the US.
- Great culture (with lots of adorable pooches!) and people who are thoughtful and passionate about work and community
- Full suite of benefits - including monthly pet feeding program for someone who loves to keep their pet well fed year-round
Open Farm values diversity in its workforce and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Applicants requiring a disability-related accommodation at any stage of Open Farm's recruitment process should contact firstname.lastname@example.org. As required by legislation, Open Farm will consult with applications requesting such an accommodation to ensure that Open Farm's recruitment process takes into account their accessibility needs.