The Royal Flying Doctors Service
The RFDS operates 20 aircraft from nine operational bases located in Brisbane, Cairns, Townsville, Rockhampton, Bundaberg, Charleville, Mount Isa, Longreach and Roma. We are seeking expressions of interest from dedicated, confident, experienced and passionate clinicians to be a part of our iconic Flight Nurse team.
What we do;
- Provide emergency retrieval services
- Provide regular transfers of patients
- Deliver essential health care services to rural and remote communities
- Support and promote Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health
- Support and promote child and family health
- Support and promote women's health and health
- Registered Nurse and Midwifery AHPRA registration
- A minimum of 5 years' post graduate experience (full-time equivalent)
- Minimum of 3/ 5 years in a critical care environment (24 hour in-department medical coverage or a recognised ICU)
- Ability to spend considerable time working in the confined spaces of a small aircraft
If you are still developing your skills and qualifications, we would still love to hear from you. Having a conversation with one of our skilled clinicians can help direct you on the right ‘flight path’ to be a part of our team!!
Desirable Skills (Can be obtained prior to starting employment)
- Current Advanced Life Support (ALS)
- Paediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- Neonatal resuscitation certification
Why join us?
- We provide extensive and supportive orientation programs prior to commencement
- We offer attractive Base Salaries
- We offer additional Salary packaging of up to $15 900- increasing your take home pay
- We provide relocation allowances (where applicable)
- We pay remote area allowances Yearly Gratitude
- Rental and mortgage assistance (where applicable)
- We support professional development with 12 days paid study leave
- We provide Six weeks Annual leave
Please submit your Cover Letter and Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference ‘Expression of Interest; Flight Nurse ‘ .
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Learn more about the RFDS and our exceptional frontline team, please visit: Royal Flying Doctor Service (Queensland Section)
Please ensure the following is clearly identified: Job tittle, Start date, Department, Brief description, Nature of Role -Full-time, part-time or casual. This allows us to establish your full time equivalent.
The RFDS is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People are encouraged to apply.