Casual On Call
Play a pivotal role helping patients fight cancer
Provide preoperative care to surgical patients, particularly those undergoing Endoscopy/Brachytherapy procedures.
What you bring:
You are a graduate of an accredited school of nursing and have:
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nurses & Midwives (BCCNM)
- Two (2) years’ recent, related experience
- PARR Certification course
- Current CPR (Level C) certification
- Demonstrated ability to administer conscious sedation
- Demonstrated relevant clinical knowledge in providing intra-operative and post-operative care
- Demonstrated ability to apply clinical knowledge in practice
- Demonstrated communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with patients, the public, and all levels of staff, both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrated ability to set priorities and organize patient care.
- An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
What's in it for you:
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan.
- Flexible work options including flextime, work locations and job sharing (eligibility will vary)
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike-sharing, and more.
Watch this video to learn more about being a nurse at BC Cancer
If this sounds like you, apply now!
BC Cancer (bccancer.bc.ca) is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA). PHSA provides specialty health care services across BC. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect People â Be compassionate â Dare to innovate â Cultivate partnerships â Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA: jobs.phsa.ca/family-brands
We hire on the basis of merit and encourage all qualified applicants to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences. We strive to create a safe and welcoming environment where everyone can come to work and be their best, authentic self.
- Reference # 76791
- CasualWork Schedule 0800-1600 Monday-Friday
- 600 West 10th Ave Vancouver BC