About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company headquartered in San Francisco (United States). Wells Fargo has offices in over 20 countries and territories. Our business outside of the U.S. mostly focuses on providing banking services for large corporate, government and financial institution clients. We have worldwide expertise and services to help our customers improve earnings, manage risk, and develop opportunities in the global marketplace. Our global reach offers many opportunities for you to develop a career with Wells Fargo. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Market Job Description
Assist in the coverage and relationship management of a designated group of bank and non-bank financial institutions based in Hong Kong. Business Development
Compliance Risk Management
- Provide support and assistance to Senior Relationship Managers who are tasked with growing and maintaining a group of assigned relationships in HK through a proactive, strategic and consistent business development, client retention, and prospecting relationship management effort.
- Other tasks include:
- Extensive interaction with customers to prepare for client encounters led by Senior Relationship Managers.
- Prompt and extensive follow up after such meetings to ensure that business momentum is maintained and promised deliverables are achieved.
- Preparation of pitch materials in collaboration with product partners.
- Analysis of the client’s situation, including risks, challenges and potential opportunities.
- Preparation of business cases to support allocation of Wells Fargo resources to relationships.
- Preparation of briefing materials for senior executive visits to client relationships.
Credit Risk Management
- Commit to a culture which firmly establishes compliance risk management as a discipline critical to our success and the success of our customers
- Support senior RMs in ensuring compliance with Know-Your-Client (KYC) documentation and Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) / Anti-Money Laundering (AML) policies and procedures; specific tasks include preparation of the relationship rationale section of client relationship memos.
- As directed by senior Relationship Managers, collaborate with Financial Institutions Group (FIG) Compliance, APAC Compliance and the FIG Relationship Management Support Team.
- Ensure compliance with Wells Fargo expense policies and procedures including Global Anti- Corruption policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with local laws and regulations in Hong Kong and elsewhere in North APAC as needed.
Product Partner Engagement
- Take an active role in supporting Senior Relationship Managers on risk issues, including articulating Relationship Managers insights into credit risks and managing progress of credit approvals; specific tasks include preparing the relationship rationale and management assessment for credit requests and deal approvals, and providing supporting analysis to assist Senior Relationship Managers in credit recommendations.
- Provide detailed input, analysis and articulation for account plans that define Wells Fargo’s holistic objectives for assigned clients and prospects.
- Collaborate effectively with other Wells Fargo groups to meet holistic revenue targets, execute business plans, implement new business, and retain existing business. Key product partners include Global Payment Services, International Trade Services, Wells Fargo Trade Capital (Factoring), Wells Fargo Securities (WFS) Fixed Income Sales and Trading, WFS Debt Capital Markets, WFS Interest Rate Risk Management, Corporate Trust, Foreign Exchange and Wells Fargo Asset Management among others.
Market Skills and Certifications
- University degree
- Minimum 5 years banking experience, including at least 3 years of financial institutions coverage experience and/or other relevant experience as it applies to Financial Institutions.
- Knowledge/experience in compliance (KYC, AML etc) and regulations.
- Sound understanding of counterparty and country credit risk.
- Demonstrated competency in managing internal relationships and getting things done within large, complex organizations similar to Wells Fargo.
- Fluency in English, Mandarin and Cantonese (oral, reading and writing)
- Potential to advance to a Senior Relationship Manager position.
- Knowledge of Hong Kong and/or Mainland China Financial Institutions relationships, market dynamics, macroeconomic and political circumstances.
- Knowledge of correspondent banking products and solutions.
- Knowledge of treasury, asset management and/or capital markets products and services.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.