Posting Date: Apr 14, 2021
Primary Location: Americas-Canada-Ontario-Toronto
Job: Wealth Management
Has your paper napkin business plan turned into a billion-dollar reality? Ours has and that sketch on a napkin is now our world-class software platform that combines cutting-edge technology with outstanding client service and premier wealth management capabilities. Shareworks by Morgan Stanley is designed to simplify the complexities of equity plan management, while helping employees realize the full potential of their benefits.
Our employees have helped us get to where we are today; and as we continue to scale towards being the incomparable leader in our industry, we are looking for a Relationship Manager to help write the next chapter with us.
Located in Montreal, Toronto or Calgary and reporting to the Manager, Relationship Management, you will be responsible for overseeing, servicing, cultivating and growing existing corporate client relationships toward mutual partnership and success. Acting as the main point of contact for designated corporate clients, you will interact with all departments within Shareworks by Morgan Stanley to ensure that client expectations are met, satisfaction levels are constantly increased.
• Proactively strive to build “partnership” style relationships focusing on integration at all levels. Interacting with various individuals at the corporate client to solve problems, build strong partnerships, and uncover new opportunities
• Maintaining relationship with senior client contacts across an organization including but not limited to CFO, corporate secretarial, finance, human resources, compensation and legal
• Ensuring client satisfaction levels are maintained and increased appropriately
• Relative to services sold, conducting ongoing needs analysis to determine appropriate services to meet client requirements; strive to uncover new business opportunities
• Keeping client apprised of new product functionality that may be relevant to the client and their plan administration through Shareworks
• Fostering client loyalty through Shareworks by Morgan Stanley's standard client interaction protocols and proactive client retention initiatives including client meetings, corporate communications, quarterly partnership meetings, etc
• Understanding and interpreting Shareworks contracts and any client exceptions to Shareworks standards with respect to pricing, equity plan management or service level commitments
• Troubleshooting ad hoc client queries utilizing the Shareworks™ application
• Conducting client meetings, product demonstrations, training sessions, user training sessions, and other client requests as required
• Preparing specifications/gap analysis documents for client requests related to new functionality.
• Mentoring colleagues with respect to client interaction, communication tactics and positioning strategies
• Completing account reviews with the Manager, Relationship Management
• Participating in, and support, client training events as required
• Remaining current with new industry developments to interpret impact on client plans
The ideal candidate will possess:
• Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience in Business, Commerce or similar area of expertise
• Minimum 5 years in a B2B Relationship Management, Account Management, Client Services, Sales or similar role
• A strong understanding of the executive compensation, stock plan, and ESPP industries
• Demonstrated excellence in customer service, including proven ability to become a ‘trusted advisor’ with clients
• Written and oral fluency in English, including the ability to make effective presentations, is a must
• Problem solving skills including the ability to make sound decisions and find viable solutions under periods of extreme pressure with very tight time constraints, i.e. periods of unexpected high-volume activity on major client event or a designated project
• Project management experience would be an asset; formal Project Management education is not a requirement
• Canadian Securities Course (CSC) is an asset
• Certified Equity Professional designation and Shareworks experience is an asset
• Ability to make a case for difficult decisions and present to management
• Demonstrated success with explaining complex issues or topics to non-expert team members & customers
• Demonstrated competency with common CRM technology and technical concepts, including but not limited to Salesforce and Tableau
• A strong working knowledge of MS office products
• Self-learner and comfortable in a fast-paced and evolving environment which including ongoing learning and training opportunities
• Demonstrated strong business acumen
• Master collaborator and team player
• Shareworks Certification is an asset
• Ability to travel up to 25% of time without restriction, primarily within Canada
While we thank all applicants for their interest, please note that only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.