Senior Product Safety and Reliability Engineer-TETO-AUMT02417358
At Bombardier Transportation, our trains and rail solutions move millions of people safely and reliably around the world, every single day. Join us, and you’ll be part of a global team, sharing knowledge, experience and ideas across countries and cultures, and boosting our reputation as a global leader in rail technology. Your work will have a truly human impact, connecting communities, cities and businesses, and helping people to get where they need to be. It’s all about progress.
We are seeking applications from experienced Senior Product Safety and Reliability Engineer to join our team in Milton, QLD.
- The “Senior Product Safety* and Reliability Engineer” performs the safety and reliability processes and activities along the whole lifecycle of BT’s products and subsystems. Essential part of this work is the provision of the necessary safety and reliability analyses, based on detailed analyses performed by other specialists in their own technical domains.
- With its specific knowledge and experience, and applying BT’s relevant Product Safety and Reliability processes, the engineer contributes successfully to the product/subsystem:
- Product Family specification and development.
- Bid and conceptual design.
- Preliminary and detailed design.
- Validation and authorization.
- The “Senior Product Safety and Reliability Engineer”:
- Performs activities during the realization, authorization, operation and field support of the products/subsystems. He/she leads the Product Safety activities related to the management of incidents, accidents and near-misses with BT products and services (Bombardier-internal terminology: Product “Safety Bulletins”).
- Interfaces with and supports internal and external stakeholders (engineering, customers, assessors, etc.) for various tasks during the product/system lifecycle. This is specifically intensive during the work in projects;
- Provides implementation feedback and improvement suggestions for BT’s Product Safety Management System; for Reliability; and for relevant horizontal initiatives.
- Furthermore, the “Senior Product Safety and Reliability Engineer”:
- Works on complex assignments, high risk matters and projects.
- Provides cost and schedule estimates on complicated engineering programs.
- Provides technical expertise in support of colleagues or departments with less experience in the field of safety and reliability.
- Is a party in BT's document approval process; and in the V-cycle validation activities.
Your key responsibilities will include the following:
1. Product Safety and Reliability assessment, documentation and validation activities in projects, or supporting Product Families
2. Communication, support to other engineering functions, assessors and stakeholders with respect to project or Product Family work
3. Lead the Product Safety activities related to the management of incidents, accidents and near-misses
4. Planning, reporting and horizontal activities associated with the role
It is expected you will have the following qualifications, experience and personal characteristics:
- A university degree (B.Sc., M.Sc. or equivalent), or an equivalent working experience.
- >8 years of working experience post-graduate in Railway Industry.
- Proven record of relevant System Safety and/or Reliability experience.
- Knowledge and experience in the application of safety and reliability assessment techniques (FMECA, FTA, RBD, PHA, IHA, HAZOP, SSHA, etc.);
- Experience in the application of relevant software tools (e.g. DOORS, Fault Tree+, etc.) is of benefit;
- Knowledge and experience in the interpretation and application of relevant standards, laws, regulation: may include EN 5012x, MIL-STD-882, IEEE Std 1012, CSM for Risk Assessment, etc.;
- Background knowledge in any particular engineering area (e.g. brakes, etc.) may be beneficial.
- Background of the System Safety and Reliability practices in Australian Railway Market is beneficial.
About Bombardier Transportation
Bombardier Transportation is a global mobility solution provider leading the way with the rail industry’s broadest portfolio. It covers the full spectrum of solutions, ranging from trains to sub-systems and signaling to complete turnkey transport systems, e-mobility technology and data-driven maintenance services. Combining technology and performance with empathy, Bombardier Transportation continuously breaks new ground in sustainable mobility by providing integrated solutions that create substantial benefits for operators, passengers and the environment. Headquartered in Berlin, Germany, Bombardier Transportation employs around 39,850 people and its products and services operate in over 60 countries.
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws.