"Bayshore Recruiters will not ask for personal banking information during an interview.”
The Pharmacist, under the direction of the Pharmacy Manager, Bayshore Specialty Rx, is accountable for performing all duties necessary to provide for the efficient daily clinical operation of the pharmacy, providing quality products and services.
The Clinical Pharmacist works collaboratively with our National Pharmacy Network and Patient Support Services teams, Funder programs, Clinical Trials, Direct Care and all Bayshore Healthcare patient programs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Ensures compliance with federal, provincial, and local laws and regulations, policies and procedures and accrediting body standards.
• Obtains, interprets, and evaluates all physicians’ medication orders to assure therapeutic appropriateness, cost effectiveness, accuracy and completeness.
• Performs comprehensive medication reviews with patients, and other pharmacy cognitive services.
• Accurately maintains all legally required records.
• Assists in training and orientation of new employees.
• Provides technical and clinical information and communicates results of monitoring activities to patients, nurses and physicians as required regarding the contents, utilization, therapeutic actions, possible adverse reactions or interactions of drugs.
• Initiates, reviews and updates all Bayshore required documentation per Policy and Procedure (P&P)
• Follows established procedures for drug and supply procurement and maintains appropriate inventory levels and preferred product selection of drugs, solutions and supplies.
• Performs and documents compounding checks and double checks per P&P where applicable.
• Ensures compliance with all contract standards, clinical protocols and audit requirements.
• Collaborates extensively with the Patient Support Services department to ensure effectively delivery of pharmaceutical programs including clinical trials and medical supplies.
• Ensure that client care and service are delivered in accordance with local, provincial, and federal Legislation and Standards of Practice;
• Adhere to Bayshore Policies and Procedures.
• Participate in quality activities and continuous improvement initiatives in keeping with the company's Quality Management System
• Participates in proactive Health & Safety activities while performing all duties. Is responsible to notify immediate Supervisor of any Health & Safety risks or concerns. Responsible for completing Accident Reports for all direct reports who injure themselves on the job, within 24 hours of the incident.
• Maintains confidentiality of client and corporate information and discusses same only with appropriate Bayshore personnel
Completion of a Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy or PharmD and be licensed in the province of practice
A valid Pharmacy License in the province of practice
Other Skills and Abilities
Exceptional interpersonal skills and decision-making skills; ability to handle difficult situations in an objective consistent format; ability to work independently; demonstrated knowledge of personal computers and related software such as Windows, Kroll, and other billing systems. Commitment to continual learning.