Qualcomm Technologies Netherlands B.V.
Engineering Group, Engineering Group > Machine Learning Engineering
Qualcomm is a company of inventors that unlocked 5G ushering in an age of rapid acceleration in connectivity and new possibilities that will transform industries, create jobs, and enrich lives. But this is just the beginning. It takes inventive minds with diverse skills, backgrounds, and cultures to transform 5Gs potential into world-changing technologies and products. This is the Invention Age - and this is where you come in.
We are a dedicated team working across multiple continents developing Qualcomm’s core AI capabilities. Our projects lie on the spectrum from fundamental to applied research, including the following research areas:
- Power efficiency: Neural network design, compression, quantization, algorithms, and efficient hardware
- Perception: Computer vision using cameras, radar, ultrasonic and other sensors
- Personalization: Continuous learning, model adaptation, and privacy-preserving distributed learning
- Efficient learning: Robust learning through minimal data, unsupervised learning, and on-device learning
- Data compression: Deep generative models trained to compress audio, images, and video
- Wireless: Deep learning for channel tracking, feedback, signal transmission, and receiver processing
As a Deep Learning Researcher at Qualcomm, your role involves testing hypotheses, quickly iterating on promising ideas, and prototyping and implementing these ideas in collaboration with other researchers and software engineers. You stay up to date with the latest research in the field, develop new ML models and algorithms, and publish papers at scientific conferences. You engage with product teams to see your ideas deployed on millions of devices, such as mobile phones, VR headsets, or autonomous vehicles.
Working at Qualcomm means being part of a global company (headquartered in San Diego) that fosters a diverse workforce and puts emphasis on the learning opportunities and professional development of its employees. You will work closely with researchers that have published at major conferences, including Prof. Dr. Max Welling, work on campus at the University of Amsterdam, where you have the opportunity to collaborate with academic researchers through university partnerships, such as the QUVA lab, and live in a scenic, vibrant city with a healthy work/life balance and a diversity of cultural activities.
- Master’s degree or PhD in Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Physics, Mathematics or similar field, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience using machine learning packages (PyTorch, TensorFlow, Jax)
- Experience in deep learning or reinforcement learning
- Programming experience in Python or C++
- Experience working in an academic or industry research lab
- Hands-on experience with large datasets (such as ImageNet)
- Track record of publishing at major conferences (NeurIPS, ICML, ICLR, CVPR, etc.)
Qualcomm is the world’s leading wireless technology innovator and the driving force behind the development, launch, and expansion of 5G. When we connected the phone to the internet, the mobile revolution was born. Today, our foundational technologies enable the mobile ecosystem and our inventions are the foundation for life-changing products, experiences, and industries. As we lead the world to 5G, we envision this next big change in cellular technology spurring a new era of intelligent, connected devices and enabling new opportunities in connected cars, remote delivery of health care services, and the internet of things.
*References to a particular number of years experience are for indicative purposes only. Applications from candidates with equivalent experience will be considered, provided that the candidate can demonstrate an ability to fulfill the principal duties of the role and possesses the required competencies.
Applicants: If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation during the application/hiring process, please call Qualcomm’s toll-free number found here for assistance. Qualcomm will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, to support individuals with disabilities to be able participate in the hiring process. Qualcomm is also committed to making our workplace accessible for individuals with disabilities. Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Qualcomm. Staffing and recruiting agencies and individuals being represented by an agency are not authorized to use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes, and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited. Qualcomm does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Qualcomm employees or any other company location. Qualcomm is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.