We have an immediate opening for a Residential Designer, Product Development in our Alberta Homes Division. This opportunity is based out of Calgary or Edmonton, and requires a results oriented, career professional, who thrives on accepting new challenges within a fast paced environment.
Reporting to the Project Manager, Procurement & Continuous Improvement, the Designer is responsible for new product development and existing product enhancements, drafting and housing related tasks using Revit and AutoCAD software. The Designer, Product development will also be responsible for mentoring and development of peer Designers within the Alberta Product Development Team.
Your Key Deliverables
- Design and develop new homes, from conceptual to working drawings using Revit 3D software, adhering to internal Design Guidelines and Bylaws for both Calgary and Edmonton regions.
- Create blacklines set of drawings, floor plans, sections, pre-planned options.
- Show Homes and Prototypes: Review & discuss onsite construction issues as they arise (framing, engineering, floor and roof layouts, finishing, electrical) and drive changes when required.
- Contractor’s management and support: provide full support to external contractors, such as drawing guidelines, architectural controls, suggestions on concepts, drawing mark ups, etc.
- Design and develop new elevations and plan options using Revit software for existing model database.
- Assist with marketing brochures and review of marketing literature as it relates to design.
- Maintain Revit standards and plan consistency for all master files and details for all areas.
- Provide training and mentorship to Designers.
- Continuous exploration of methods to improve business practise and process, including recommending improvements based on evaluation of current business model where opportunities for improvement exist.
- Keep current on Alberta code, bylaw and industry changes. This includes, but is not limited to, attending industry seminars, information sessions, PHBI courses, product demonstrations, engineering, etc.
- Post-Secondary Diploma in Architectural Technologies, Civil Engineering or equivalent.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in new Product Development / Design.
- Proven work experience using Revit platform within a homebuilder environment. A technical assessment will be performed to evaluate level of Revit knowledge.
- Strong knowledge of industry, building code, and government requirements.
- Ability to be a strong leader by coaching and developing contractors & Team Members.
- Effective communication skills; ability to communicate with customers, Team Members and external partners.
- Strong proficiency using MS Office, and REVIT.
- Advanced critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize work and manage multiple competing priorities.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
We are proud to offer our employees what they value most:
• Excellent extended health benefits
• Flex-spending account
• Work-life balance
• RRSP matching
• Generous tuition assistance program
• Leadership development and mentorship programs
• Charitable donation matching
• A culture based on our values of Passion, Integrity and Community
Your New Home
At Brookfield Properties, the foundation of our success is firmly rooted in our people.
Our company is comprised of experts across a range of specialties who share a goal of ensuring our properties are continuously evolving to meet the needs of our communities and stakeholders. To meet this goal, we hire visionary, entrepreneurial talent who help us innovate and enhance our business. We build collaborative teams who value integrity, creativity and diversity.
Our teams operate an iconic portfolio of irreplaceable properties within the world’s most dynamic markets. As one of the largest real estate services companies, we provide management and development expertise exclusively for properties owned by Brookfield Asset Management.
Our development group draws on its unparalleled design, entitlement and construction expertise to envision and deliver best-in-class, iconic assets and destinations. The team’s multidisciplinary skill sets from across our sectors capitalize on the unique opportunities that exist in the market today.