About Hungry Jack’s
Hungry Jack’s® is a franchise of the international Burger King Corporation. With over 440 stores in Australia and more than 20,000 employees, we are an iconic Australian brand, delivering quality products within the Quick Service Restaurant industry.
About the role
Reporting to the District Manager, you will play a key role in all restaurant operations. With a clear focus on best practice and operations excellence, you will lead and mentor the continuous development of your team, whilst maximising the growth and profitability of the business.
This is a full-time position, the applicant must hold and maintain a Food Safety Supervisor, First Aid & Fire Warden Certificates. Applicants will be deemed suitable if they possess a minimum of three years’ experience in retail with food service and management duties included.
Providing Safety Leadership
- Manage day-to-day operations with a focus on safe work practices that are compliant with local legislation and Hungry Jack’s standards.
- Lead the Restaurant Safety Committee, utilising this team to spread the safety message across the restaurant.
- Manage employee, guest and contractor incidents and injuries and the employee Return to Work process in such a way that the employee is keen to get back to work in a safe and timely manner.
Creating a Guest Obsessed Culture
- Select, train and supervise your team to deliver exceptional guest service on every occasion, demonstrating a ‘guest obsession’.
- Execute the National Marketing Plan, on your shifts, to ensure our guests receive a consistent experience on every visit.
- Own (at a restaurant level) National incentive programs to improve the guest experience.
Building the Brand (Business Planning)
- Utilise your Business Priority Plan to continually improve your Restaurant performance.
- Review business results regularly and communicate to your team, with clear action plans implemented to achieve improvement.
- Lead community engagement initiatives in your local area, to improve visibility and build brand loyalty.
Leading a High Performing Team
- Create a culture that emphasises growth, trust and accountability.
- Build your Restaurant Team, to ensure effective shift coverage with productive and proficient Managers, Shift Supervisors and Crew.
- Develop and maintain a succession plan that engages and retains your internal talent pipeline.
- Partner with your Training Coach to execute the Restaurant Training Plan.
Managing the Business (Profit and Controllables)
- Accurately project sales, to ensure rostering and ordering support our guest obsession.
- Manage controllables (via your Portfolio Leads) to achieve profit goals.
- Conduct regular stock takes, maintain stock records, ensure alignment within budget
Apply with a recent resume and cover letter stating:
- How you intend to unleash people power in your new restaurant;
- Your contribution to safety in your current position;
- How have you increased sales and what impact has it made?