* Organising workflow ensuring staff understand their duties and delegate tasks. Validating tasks and ensuring standards are met with labels, SELS and appropriate signage in place
* Ensure excellent customer service is always provided, ensuring all members of staff are following the Alf Dunbar "You are the Difference" programme. This will be measured on all store mystery shops.
* Follow all company procedures on planning & organisation i.e. break schedules, shop floor allocation, task lists, handovers etc.
* Ensure that store standards meet and exceed company standards and that the store is always health and safety compliant.
* Communication with Head Office - confirming and actioning all requests from Head Office.
* Effective Time Management - getting all daily tasks completed, ability to complete seasonal turnarounds in the agreed time to promote sales. Ability to plan, delegate and accomplish all tasks in a timely manner.
* Cash Management - Responsibility for all aspects of the cash management, adhering to the company's cash management policy.
* Maintain time keeping and personnel records and weekly wages using the TMS system.
* Following and implementing all Company Policies and Procedures.
* Staff Management and Performance - Monitoring employee productivity and providing constructive feedback and coaching.
* Driving sales through strong senior leadership - commercial decisions, prioritization of tasks, initiative and leading the team with little direction.
* Development of Supervisors - coach and support the team to perform at the required level.
Knowledge & Competencies
* Prioritising - Demonstrate and understanding of what needs to be done first and the reasons why prioritising is essential. Being able to deal with several tasks simultaneously.
* Oversee in store promotional/seasonal displays - effectively merchandising products and replenishment of stock to drive sales.
* Excellent product knowledge including all seasonal products.
* Good working knowledge of RS Accounts and back-office functions.
* Ability to lead a team and encourage a happy work environment.
* This is a full-time 39 hours per week permanent role.
* Working any 5 out of 7 days including early, late and weekend shifts.
* Cycle to work scheme
* Staff discount
* Employee Assistance Programme
* Education opportunities
* Ongoing training