Job Requisition ID #
The Revenue Accounting Team is responsible for revenue recognition and reporting for Autodesk worldwide. This role reports directly to the Senior Manager of WW Revenue Accounting in the U.S. This position will be responsible for ensuring regional revenue streams are recognized in compliance with U.S. GAAP and internal accounting policies. The Revenue Manager will work closely with the Sales, Legal, Deal Operations, and Finance Business Partners, among other stakeholders providing guidance for large Enterprise contracts in addition to traditional revenue accounting tasks. This position will provide revenue recognition guidance to the business, review contracts, perform the monthly and quarterly close process for revenue, reconcile and validate deferred revenue and other accounts, book all required reserves and adjustments, analyze data, and prepare reports for auditors and executives. The manager will also participate in special projects when revenue recognition expertise is needed, providing both technical and/or operational knowledge.
· Responsible for maintaining and enforcing the Company's revenue recognition policy
· Provide ongoing guidance to the business on revenue recognition issues
· Build and maintain relationships with sales, legal, finance business partners, and shared services personnel
· The manager will manage one Sr. Revenue Analyst and be responsible for this individual’s career development and technical knowledge
· Assist with preparation of quarterly audit schedules and prepare periodic revenue and deferred revenue reports to support internal and external reporting requirements
· Perform and review monthly account analyses and reconciliations, including validating deferred revenue, accounts receivable and revenue financial statement balances
· Implement and document processes and procedures as required including Sarbanes Oxley compliance
· Support and participate on revenue related projects and M&A activity
· Requires a B.S. Degree in Accounting or Finance
· 7-10+ years of revenue accounting and related experience, preferably in a software company
· Advanced Knowledge of applying software revenue accounting guidelines – ASC 606 Revenue from Contracts with Customers
· Experienced with enterprise reporting systems, with SAP experience strongly preferred
· Willing to travel as necessary
· CPA or equivalent accounting certification strongly preferred
· Ability to work independently to accomplish tasks with minimal supervision
· Ability to juggle multiple tasks, establish appropriate priorities and meet deadlines
· "Self-starter" with outstanding analytical, communication, and technical skills and a can-do attitude.
· Strong understanding of larger-company finance and accounting practices
· Excellent quantitative and analytical skills
· Confidence, good judgment, energy and personality to work in a dynamic, multi-business unit environment across all levels of management and across business units, functions and geographies
At Autodesk, we're building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers.